"Evil In You" lyrics - meaning?

ApeKiller said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it could be about...divorce?

The final battle would be the breakup or the divorce, and this would indeed be the FINAL battle that the couple would have. Then it goes on to mention the 'bond of passion' that has gone away.
'we swore the oath, now it is broken' That being the vows said during a marriage. 'gone away with deception' hints at possible cheating that's causing the problem. (cheating is mention later in the song)
'in the face of judge you regret, sue for mercy before the cheating'
Again. Judge, sue, cheat. Sounds like a divorce.

I'm tired of deciphering lyrics. You get the idea. Probably not right, but a different approach at least.
wow..interesting

ApeKiller said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it could be about...divorce?

The final battle would be the breakup or the divorce, and this would indeed be the FINAL battle that the couple would have. Then it goes on to mention the 'bond of passion' that has gone away.
'we swore the oath, now it is broken' That being the vows said during a marriage. 'gone away with deception' hints at possible cheating that's causing the problem. (cheating is mention later in the song)
'in the face of judge you regret, sue for mercy before the cheating'
Again. Judge, sue, cheat. Sounds like a divorce.

I'm tired of deciphering lyrics. You get the idea. Probably not right, but a different approach at least.

Yeah, that's a pretty solid argument! Your interpretation doesn't fit with ALL the lines of the song, but neither does mine! Still, what the hell is the "Evil in You", and is the song advocating spousal abuse if it's talking about "beating the evil out of you"? Ha!

What part of Ohio are you in, by the way, Apekiller? I'm in Columbus, and have to ask if you've been to Thurman's - the place where I got that giant burger above!

Necrometer said:
Yeah, that's a pretty solid argument! Your interpretation doesn't fit with ALL the lines of the song, but neither does mine! Still, what the hell is the "Evil in You", and is the song advocating spousal abuse if it's talking about "beating the evil out of you"? Ha!

What part of Ohio are you in, by the way, Apekiller? I'm in Columbus, and have to ask if you've been to Thurman's - the place where I got that giant burger above!

Well the line "beating the evil out of you" might not mean physical beating. If a person is caught cheating by their spouse, and then, when sued, loses everything because THEY were the one at fault for causing the divorce, then its possible that that the person would think twice about cheating again. Thus, getting the 'evi' beaten out of them.
I also have to point out the 'wage of sin' line, followed by a line with the key word, obedience.
Of course...all this also ties in with religion and it seems more likely that it'd be about religion...but who knows.

And i'm from a very small town in the south, called Logan. You may have heard of 'The Hocking Hills?" A very small area heavily populated by rednecks. It has its ups and downs. The only store that sells CDs in my town is...Wal-Mart. If i want to buy uncensored music i have to drive half an hour to....BEST BUY!!!
Needless to say i do all my CD shopping online.

Edit- and no, I've never been to Thurman's...although a burger like that might be worth driving an hour for.:worship:

Yeah! I am familiar with Logan, and Hocking Hills is probably my favorite park in the state. Have you seen the band Skeleton Witch, who are from Athens? They are pretty good...

But yeah, Thurman's is certainly worth checking out if you find yourself up here for a concert or something. Half pound burgers for $6 - it's amazing! And they are TASTY, hahaha.