Evile and Megadeth tour!!

It did...it gave Mustaine to see the options available. I think the fact that Evile has a strong British fanbase were some of the other bands don't, gave them the advantage. The voting was for Mustaine to guage on which bands.

I wonder if more bands willl be added as this is suppose to be Gigantour. 3 bands sound just like a regular tour; either way it don't matter, cause it'll be a kick ass show.

Congratulations, fellas, this should be an interesting tour, to say the least. Personally I think Evile will blow Megadeth (at least the last decade or so of material) off the stage, so maybe they should open up for you guys?

I wonder if more bands willl be added as this is suppose to be Gigantour. 3 bands sound just like a regular tour; either way it don't matter, cause it'll be a kick ass show.
Theres gonna be locals bands added at some dates, but thats about it. Its just trying to make a name for the tour over here. It will be bigger in other years, which is good.

Heh, the folks on the Progpower forum are all bitchytits over the fact that the Warmachine band didn't get on and all the drama surrounding Dave's statement that they weren't prepared to come over when they have all their shit... pretty funny stuff.

From what little I've heard of them, I think Dave made the right choice ;)

wow, that's got out of hand fast.

I made sure to read everything on the site when entering into it (I like to know what we're getting into), but it seems 90% of people who visited the site didn't even read a word. The Voting poll never claimed to guarantee the winner a spot on the tour. People just clicked vote and presumed it was a competition (probably due to all bands telling people 'vote *band* to tour with megadeth').

I think it's stupid calling Mustaine a 'liar'. What did he lie about? the site clearly stated the polls purpose was to help Megadeth choose the support. So he said Warmachine weren't able to do the tour. From what I can tell that's not from him contacting the band and them saying "we cant do it", I think he presumed they wouldn't be able to. Dave's done a lot of tours and knows how much they cost. He used his experience to gauge whether or not Warmachine could do a big, overseas tour.

I'm not commenting on this because we received the spot, I just think it's wrong to flame mustaine here, or furthermore for people to contact US saying we're out of line/should decline the offer/warmachine should have got it. I liked a lot of the bands in the running, Warmachine are a cool band, We've played with Speedtheory and Seregon and they're cool, honest guys, but people should just read things. It'd have helped in this case.

I completely agree man. I have pleny in way of opinions of the situation, none of which anyone actually cares about (heh... awwww :( ) but i think you summed it up nicely. The one thing i will say is the progpower forum seems to be a pretty encapsulated forum where that opinion started and will most likely end there.

Sorry, hope I didn't shit on your moment of glory. I think you guys definitely deserved the slot and kudos... show those kids what true thrash is all about!

I dont see the problem here, Evile are a band from the 'UK' doing the 'UK' slots on a 'UK' Megadeth tour.

Anyway I bet Warmachine get to play with Megadeth on forthcomig US/Canada dates which would make sense as there not exactly a big time band and I bet they aint got much money behind them to be traveling 3000+ miles to play 7 shows.

Also theres only one Canadian band that are worthy on supporting Megadeth and thats Anninhilator, so Warmachine can suck a dick.:heh:

To be honest, I can't fucking wait. Megadeth are one of my all time favourite bands and Evile are, well probably my favourite 'new' band. I've liked them for a while now and I think this tour is fucking killer, for us, the fans and for the guys themselves.

Regarding Job For A Cowboy, im with Mustaine..

"Job For A Cowboy is a special guest, and if you don't like them, you don't have to listen. Face it, three of the the UK shows were sold out before we even mentioned who was playing. You will go home happy, trust me!"

It's going to be a real blast. :kickass:

It aint confirmed yet but anyone else hear that Glen Drover has quit Megadeth?

Apparently Chris Broderick (NEVERMORE) is being lined up to take lead.

Just a thought but imagine if Mustaine got Friedman back or even Jeff Waters just for the tour. \m/

Confirmation next week apparently.

I dont see the problem here, Evile are a band from the 'UK' doing the 'UK' slots on a 'UK' Megadeth tour.

Anyway I bet Warmachine get to play with Megadeth on forthcomig US/Canada dates which would make sense as there not exactly a big time band and I bet they aint got much money behind them to be traveling 3000+ miles to play 7 shows.

Also theres only one Canadian band that are worthy on supporting Megadeth and thats Anninhilator, so Warmachine can suck a dick.:heh:

Well, to be fair, new Annihilator sucks a dick itself. If they stuck with Alice in Hell and those albums, they'd rock. Oh, and get rid of that Padden character behind the mic because he suuuuuuucks. And i don't care what anyone says, there's absolutely NO excuse for that song "The One" from the album a few years back. Seriously one of the single worst songs put out by a metal band that's not Cage.

Well, to be fair, new Annihilator sucks a dick itself. If they stuck with Alice in Hell and those albums, they'd rock. Oh, and get rid of that Padden character behind the mic because he suuuuuuucks. And i don't care what anyone says, there's absolutely NO excuse for that song "The One" from the album a few years back. Seriously one of the single worst songs put out by a metal band that's not Cage.

WHAAAAAATT!? "The One" is a great song! and "All For You" is a pretty good album.. I love Annihilator, they're one of my favourite bands, what I like about them is that they have different sounding songs on their albums. it makes them a lot different from many other thrash/metal bands out there. Plus, Jeff Waters is a fucking guitar GOD.

@ Deadly_Sinner - I would LOVE it if Mustaine got Friedman back or picked up Jeff Waters for this tour! (I know that Mustaine has wanted to work with Waters for a long time..)

Oh bro, you're KILLING me here! Those vocals are just bad news all around! Well, i guess there's no accounting for taste. Cheers :D

Waters is a great guitarist though, there's no denying that. His songwriting doesn't tickle my dong much, but it'd kill to see two thrash legends on stage blazing through Hook in Mouth.

I think it's stupid calling Mustaine a 'liar'. What did he lie about?

I'm not commenting on this because we received the spot, I just think it's wrong to flame mustaine here, or furthermore for people to contact US saying we're out of line/should decline the offer/warmachine should have got it. I liked a lot of the bands in the running, Warmachine are a cool band, We've played with Speedtheory and Seregon and they're cool, honest guys, but people should just read things. It'd have helped in this case.

Wow that sucks if you guys are being bothered about this whole issue, because clearly you have nothing to do with what happened. I personally liked you guys the best out of all the other bands on the poll, so i am happy that you got a spot, i wish you had gotten the rest of the shows as well.

What we tried to set straight is the fact that nobody from Megadeth contacted us at any point, so his statement of "Warmachine doesnt have the means" had no grounds. And we feel it was important to clear that up in case that any other band or promoter might have been thinking of inviting us to Europe, and perhaps after reading Mustaine's comment they might not even bother to contact us. We're not saying that Mustaine lied about how the poll worked, but he shouldnt have said what he said about Warmachine the way he said it.