Examiner.com's Track by Track breakdown of Worship Music.

Darkofeden

12 Kermit the Frogs in a Denny's parking lot
Aug 10, 2009
New Hampshire
1) Worship Music -- A drawn-out instrumental buildup to the crushing opener that is . . .
2) Earth On Hell -- The guitars shred in a tizzy of speed metal complemented by Benante's pounding of the drums. Belladonna's passionate vocals are merely a sign of what's to come, a clear indication of how re-energized he is to be back in the fold.
3) The Devil You Know -- The second single is virtually certain to be a live staple. The ultra-heaviness is backed by a chorus that is simultaneously heavy and melodic, culminating in the guitar/drum tandem that has dotted many an Anthrax tune over the past three decades.
4) Fight 'Em Til You Can't -- The album's first single has actually been around for at least three years. It's the first new tune being performed live with Belladonna. Check out footage here shot by New York Hard Rock Examiner Elliot Levin just a couple weeks after the AT&T Center show. It was also performed with Nelson in 2009 in the Netherlands. The song is about zombies -- a perfect segue for Ian, who played a zombie in AMC's "Walking Dead" last week (see photos here).
5) I'm Alive -- Throughout the first couple listens, this appeared to be the disc's lowlight. But that's only by default, if you go by the argument that every record has to have a "worst" song. Still, that's merely a testament to the strength of the rest of this record. Give it a few listens, and it will grow on you in a most positive way.
6) In The End -- Anthrax's ode to the late Ronnie James Dio and "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott hits home poignantly with haunting vocals. Belladonna performed at Dio's memorial service last year, and Anthrax has been incorporating a "Heaven And Hell" tribute in the middle of "Indians" during the overseas Big 4 shows. Sample lyrics: "Did I thank you for our time together, did I thank you for making me better . . . did I thank you for tearing my head off . . . did we tell you how much that we loved you, did we tell you you made our dreams come true?" Says Benante: "In The End does have a melancholy feel, and when we play it live, Ronnie and Dimebag will be right there with us on stage."
7) The Giant -- After a couple of listens through, this was my favorite track. After about 10 listens through, other tracks have closed the gap. But this is still at or near the top, along with "The Devil You Know." The verses feature Belladonna seemingly having a conversation with another version of himself -- by way of singing, of course. The rhythm section simply jams and should be played at maximum volume with full-bore headbanging.
8) Judas Priest -- "Screamin, Rapid Fire, Genocide" pays homage to the legendary British Steel men who kick off the U.S. portion of their Epitaph tour Oct. 12 at the AT&T Center.
9) Crawl -- The intro vocal doesn't sound like Belladonna at first because it's more of a straightforward and deliberate lead-in to the rest of the song's tone.
10) The Constant -- A steady rock tune. When it speeds up, it feels as if it can't make up its mind as to whether to thrash out or go only a little faster.
11) Revolution Screams -- "Imitation of Life," "Finale," and "Discharge" were better album closers in the earlier Belladonna era, but this is still a good song. However, if there is one tune on the album that "screams" for Bush's voice, this is it.
Full review.
I do enjoy the sample lyrics that he gave from In The End.