Example of the crappiest music store ever.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
This store is local, but here is the reason's it fails:

1. No refunds, exchanges at there discression.
2. Been there 5 times and not once has he had what I needed:

a. Drumheads worth a fuck (I believe his words were "we have the white ones and the ones with a black dot in the center")

b. Passive direct box

c. 5150 switch (he has a 6505 stack in the store)

d. sustain pedal for keyboard (I told him I needed a Roland type switch)

e. Balanced XLR-->TRS cable (yeah I can cut him a break here I guess)

3. "He is a creapy old guy with horrible teeth" to coin a phrase from my lady.
4. No touching the gear (this guy is the only dude on earth I have heard of with this policy and still doing buisness)
5. He charges list for EVERYTHING, and he exspects to get it as well. There is no wheel and deal.

I can't think of anything else. But basically I have decided that anyone who buys anything from Auburn Musician in Auburn NY automatically fails at life.

man thats sounds almost as bad as this one store i used to go to it took them 4 months to get me 5 sets of ghs boomers and i ordered a switch for my 5150 a whole 10 months ago and they still havent gotten it in and its not like they just forgot cuz i still go in there every other day to bug him for it, i bought the amp from him by the way.

You know, it's not like these small stores don't have a hard time competing with online retailers. So they could at least stop treating their customers like shit and show some interest. I'd really like to support small local stores (because you don't have to wait for an order to arrive and you can check things out - theoretically...), but since the last time I had to go to 4 different stores to get a FRIGGIN' TREM SPRING... I'm just fed up with that crap.

You know, it's not like these small stores don't have a hard time competing with online retailers. So they could at least stop treating their customers like shit and show some interest. I'd really like to support small local stores (because you don't have to wait for an order to arrive and you can check things out - theoretically...), but since the last time I had to go to 4 different stores to get a FRIGGIN' TREM SPRING... I'm just fed up with that crap.

Agreed. We have three music stores here, and a while back I couldn't find a friggin' pop screen or a shock mount from any of them. Earlier this week I thought I'd get myself something nice for christmas since my final paycheque just came, and the only recording related piece of gear in the whole town was a Firepod which I already have :/ On the plus side, most of the clerks are really good people and it's always nice to visit the stores even if you can't find shit.