Excuse me while I kill myself...

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
:erk: Well, boys and girls, it's just one of those lessons in life that, the older you get, the more Father Time keeps fuckin' with ya!:yell: When you hit your mid-30s, you just don't burn calories like you used to. Personally, I blame it on my expense account, but hey, I don't even do my own yard work anymore and still call myself active....HA!:D Combine that with my love for rich beers (how many calories are in a Fuller's ESB anyway?) and therein lies my problem...

Anyway, my wife bought this big-ass elliptical for Christmas. Correction, she made ME buy it for US. Just getting the 215# box in the friggin' garage was more workout than I wanted, let alone putting it together. The decision was made to put this monstrous thing in my home-office (how convenient for me) so that it wouldn't interfere with the rest of the house. It's actually a pretty cool machine, and once I learn how the work the control panel, I'll be able to use it to re-route air traffic in my local area...

Anyway, the point of this story is...I'm already burning some calories...but...if I'm gonna continue to use this torture device (really, it's pretty damn cool), I'm gonna need the proper motivational music, so I hit my collection. Here's the end result...my workout CD. Tell me what you think:

Overkill -- Long Time Dyin'
Masterplan -- Kind Hearted Light
Mercenary -- Seize The Night
Angel Dust -- Cross Of Hatred
Helloween -- I Live For Your Pain
Metal Church -- Fake Healer
Sanctuary -- Die For My Sins
WWIII -- Go Down
Black Sabbath -- The Mob Rules
WASP -- Mean Man
Anthrax -- What Doesn't Die
Primal Fear -- Eye Of An Eagle
Annihilator -- Shallow Grave (Live)
Skid Row -- The Threat
Savatage -- Awaken
Flotsam & Jetsam -- Smoked Out
Lizzy Borden -- Menace To Society

Originally, I was looking for the more aggressive music in my collection. Now, I'm not a death/black/hardcore fan at all, and I've always been fairly selective of the thrash I listen to, but basically, I ended up selecting songs that either had that certain attitude, punch, groove, whatever...that kept me pumped. I know everyone has fave songs that just have that certain quality...

Anyone else have any faves that you use for motivational music (getting out of bed in the morning, working out, yard work, studying, driving, partying, etc.)?

By the way...ones that didn't make the cut due to time constraints and current mood:

Megadeth -- Hook In Mouth
Imagika -- Fallen One
Judas Priest -- Painkiller
Quiet Riot -- Metal Health (I know, I know)
Metallica -- Dyers Eve
Iced Earth -- Disciples Of The Lie

Just trying to generate some discussion...

Rock On!

I this was going to be about the Sentenced song.
Blah.

------
Guess I'll go back and actually read the original post lol.

I think whatever works best for you is what you should go with. For me I have to have a fast beat (lots of blasting) to keep my mind off how tired I'm getting. The last CDs I remember working out to were stuff from Nile, Hate Eternal, Acid Bath, Origin, Napalm Death. Acid Bath isn't as fast, but I remember it being there.

Well actually I have one "motivational" workout cd also. Here it goes:

Nightwish: End of all hope
Blind Guardian: Valhalla
Masterplan: Spirit Never Dies
Stratovarius: For ever free
Edguy: Fairytale
Helloween: I Can
Mercenary: Seize The Night
Rata Blanca: Guerrero del Arco Iris
Shaman: Here I am
Gamma ray: All of the damned
Manticora: The dragon's mist
Pagan's Mind: A new begining
Motley Crue: On with the show
Judas Priest: Hard as Iron

I have a Gazelle and I work out to Metal Mania on VH1 Classic. Sonata Arctica is also good to work out to as well as any power metal group. Try to keep up with those double bass drum beats!
Cindy

Wow, Keepwalking, I noticed Rata Blanca in your list and FREAKED! I love that band. Then I noticed where you're from and it made more sense. I own "El Libro Oculto" and think that it kicks some ass!! Nice addition to your list.

My only forms of working out are belly dancing and horse back riding. Since bringing cd players to the stable tends to destroy them, I don't do that any more. So, I belly dance to metal. It is the best. Here are some of the songs I have one my "Belly Dance Playlist":

Falconer - "Lament of a Minstrel"
Falconer - "En kungens man"
Lacuna Coil - "Aeon" & "Tightrope"
Nightwish - "Away"
Nightwish - "Come Cover Me"
Nightwish - "Astral Romance (2001 remix"
Nightwish - "Elvenpath"
Nightwish - "Lagoon"
Nightwish - "Nymphomaniac Phantasia"
Nightwish - "Once Upon A Troubadour"
Nightwish - "Walking in the Air"
Paradise Lost - "Isolate"
Paradise Lost - "Erased"
Paradise Lost - "Perfect Mask"
Sonata Arctica - "Broken"
Sonata Arctica - "Tallulah"
Sonata Arctica - "Gravenimage"

I have actually performed at Open Dance Nights to "Aeon" & "Tightrope" (together),"Lagoon", and "Nymphomaniac Phantasia".

One band that's great to work out to is Lost Horizon!!! Another one I would use is Children of Bodom! Unfortunately, the gym I go to only plays techno shit.

All my workout gear is in my garage so I usually just throw in Soilwork's Natural Born Chaos CD. Pretty easy to get pumped up listening to it.