I'd like to introduce myself

WarriorOfMetal

Shroud of Bereavement
Nov 22, 2005
Boston, MA // Northern VA
this year will be my first ProgPower USA show, i'm really excited about it. even though i'm not quite as crazy about this year's lineup as some of the previous ones, still seems like it should be a great time. i'm expecting that the audience for this show should be much better than the last power metal type show i went to (Blind Guardian/Leaves' Eyes), which i felt was ruined b/c of the number of assholes in the audience (i blame Dragonforce for this....when i saw BG in 2002, there was much more of a sense of Metal brotherhood and respect between people at the show.

anyway, my name is Ari, and i currently live in Boston, MA (i'm originally from the DC area) and i'm into most types of metal, but power/prog metal seems to be my main calling....particularly the heavier stuff, and the bands who use 7-strings. Nocturnal Rites (esp. around Afterlife), Persuader, Beyond Twilight, Outworld, etc. have been some particular favorites of mine lately. I'm also really into stuff like Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Nevermore, and a good bit of black, death, and other metal....as well as the ridiculously epic symphonic stuff (as long as it's well-executed), and a lot of orchestral/"classical" music. I'm one of the guitarists in Recently Vacated Graves: True Zombie Metal and I played guitar in a melodic/power metal band called Requia for a year or so (although we only played one show in that time), and i'm working on starting up a new band, which I'll hopefully have some stuff ready to show people by the time ProgPower comes around in October.

:headbang::kickass:

Whenever I see that line I always get "Allow myself to introduce... myself" in my head.

And I was at the same Blind Guardian show as you. That place was pppaaacccckkedd. There were a few assholes in the crowd but I was in a fairly decent spot. I was just trying not to get crushed into the 14 year old kid in front of me, though. Next palladium show for me is Nightwish, I think. Going to Poughkeepsie for a lot of shows since it's closer and on better nights.

Welcome! This place & the fest is like a big sometimes dysfuntional (but fun) family. Once you experience this fest, you'll be hooked. It is the BEST festival in the US in all aspects. Crowd assholeism is not allowed by the majortity of folks who go. There is no moshing, and only the promoter is allowed to stage dive! :)
See you in October!

Whenever I see that line I always get "Allow myself to introduce... myself" in my head.

And I was at the same Blind Guardian show as you. That place was pppaaacccckkedd. There were a few assholes in the crowd but I was in a fairly decent spot. I was just trying not to get crushed into the 14 year old kid in front of me, though. Next palladium show for me is Nightwish, I think. Going to Poughkeepsie for a lot of shows since it's closer and on better nights.

i was right up in front, with maybe 2-3 people in front of me....lots of assholes up there, and i didn't have a good time until i managed to get to where i could actually lean on the guardrail. i don't like being pushed into people when i don't have anything else to brace myself against.

anyway, thanks for all the welcomes!

Welcome! This place is a big dysfuntional family, but for the most part, we all get along. :) The event itself is first class, and you'll definately have a great time. See you in October!

Welcome! This place & the fest is like a big sometimes dysfuntional (but fun) family. Once you experience this fest, you'll be hooked. It is the BEST festival in the US in all aspects. Crowd assholeism is not allowed by the majortity of folks who go. There is no moshing, and only the promoter is allowed to stage dive! :)
See you in October!

And you and I are the two most dysfuntional members of this family, but we are also the most likeable hehehehehehehehe.

Welcome ARI, to the PROGPOWER USA family and I mean it, last year was my first and to be honest it didn't feel like it, it was like I had know these wonderful people all my life, and now they are a part of my life, A BIG PART of it, and I LOVE each and everyone of them See Ya in OCT, I'll be the old guy in the kilt.

J-Man:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

you picked the right place, and definitely the right show

prog power does not disappoint! i guaruntee you that at least one of the bands you arent excited about (probably more) will really suprise you.

everyone on these boards is pretty cool for the most part too, its somewhat rare to see someone being a douche here.

Greetings, Ari!

Were you in the DC area recently enough to become familiar with Division? You may want to track down their CD Trinity. <There's a free plug for you, Mike! :)

See you in Atlanta!

Ken

yep...seen them once, got my 2002 BG tickets from them (they were originally supposed to open that show), plus a couple of them post on sevenstring.org (where Trinity is available for free streaming listening. :p