2. Dark Empire
3. Freedom Call
4. Blind Guardian

--
1. Andrew Bordoni's Earthcubed
2. Elvenking
3. Falconer
4. Rhapsody

Yes... this is returning to a 2 headliner per night setup.

Magius said:
and should have been stopped by the (ahem) moderator way before that. All in all it was way out of line.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not read every thread on this forum, especially in the offseason. If shit hits the fan, I rely on people to message me so that I can check things out. It works 99% of the time. I apologize to those that got their feathers ruffled during whatever discussion took place.

Edit...I went and found the thread. Hell, I even posted in it once near the end. The thread was basically a heated discussion on the slotting of the prog bands & involved Woosta vs KKrude, Benmech, and Zod (who stayed civil). Woosta deleted his posts, but his quotes remained in other posts. Some of his rhetoric was just as inflammatory as the others. In the end, he said he took personal offense when he shouldn't have and everybody kissed and made up for the most part.

It's all water under the bridge to me now.....

Glenn H.

woosta said:
Threshold
Dragonforce
Axel Rudi Pell
Iron Savior
Masterplan
Vanden Plas
Crimson Glory
Tiamat
Pretty Maids
Running Wild (backup is Helloween)
I could care less if DragonForce sells 10 billion CDs and Masterplan does an 800-date, stadium tour of the US. That line-up, with the exception of VP and Tiamat, couldn't interest me less. Now go listen to your Tyran Pace CDs and stop pimping Pretty Maids.:loco:

Zod

woosta said:
Here is that list:

Threshold
Dragonforce
Axel Rudi Pell
Iron Savior
Masterplan

Day 2
Vanden Plas
Crimson Glory
Tiamat
Pretty Maids

Honestly, I don't think your list is all that great dude, but I'm glad that you think it's the shit! :worship: With that said, I'd see Masterplan anyday of the week. I've suggested bands on here before and have sent Glenn personal emails as well, but rarely ever getting any response whatsoever. At least you got some feedback!

woosta said:
Plus, I had 2 unique #3s listed for something different and 2 monster headliners on night #2.

I can't believe no one has addressed this yet. Axel Rudi Pell is HARDLY unique... he's an Yngwie wannabe. :lol: Tiamat is marginally unique, but not quite on the level of the usual "oddball".

And, I have to go along with the crowd here, and say that Pretty Maids and Running Wild are NOT monster headliners. They're #3 slot bands at best.

With the exception of IS, CG, and MP, your list doesn't interest me... and the bands are definitely in the wrong order.

Sorry you got your feelings hurt Woosta......but I gotta say that your list didn't really bowl me over (just my humble opinion). I dig Dragonforce and look forward to seeing them in a couple of weeks out here in California......The only other band from your list that raised my eyebrows was Pretty Maids - a band that I've loved forever and would kill to see. Even with that being said, I'll admit they aren't fit for a headlining spot, but perhaps a #2 or #3......

woosta said:
Day 2
Vanden Plas
Crimson Glory
Tiamat
Pretty Maids
By the way, the only way Glenn is ever going to get Vanden Plas to open, is if he he offers them the Beer Godess for the weekend. And I'm pretty sure, she's not into Prog Metal.

Zod

booB said:
I can't believe no one has addressed this yet. Axel Rudi Pell is HARDLY unique... he's an Yngwie wannabe. :lol: Tiamat is marginally unique, but not quite on the level of the usual "oddball".

And, I have to go along with the crowd here, and say that Pretty Maids and Running Wild are NOT monster headliners. They're #3 slot bands at best.

With the exception of IS, CG, and MP, your list doesn't interest me... and the bands are definitely in the wrong order.

Unique for Progpower, I mean. We haven't had the "guitar hero" doing just his thing yet, you know? Tiamat are just about as uber-cool as anything going right now! Shit, who uses "Snuggly Bunny" as lyrics in ANY metal song and pulls it off quite like Tiamat? No one, I dare say.:err:

General Zod said:
I could care less if DragonForce sells 10 billion CDs and Masterplan does an 800-date, stadium tour of the US. That line-up, with the exception of VP and Tiamat, couldn't interest me less. Now go listen to your Tyran Pace CDs and stop pimping Pretty Maids.:loco:

Zod
Sorry, Zod, but woosta's got an A list here. I noticed you took huge offense at Nevermore being bashed, but you don't hesitate to take shots at other people's bands. A tad hypocritical to me. I'm not trying to argue. I'm just stating an observation.

Emerald Sword said:
Sorry, Zod, but woosta's got an A list here. I noticed you took huge offense at Nevermore being bashed, but you don't hesitate to take shots at other people's bands. A tad hypocritical to me. I'm not trying to argue. I'm just stating an observation.

Saying they "couldn't interest me less" is taking a shot?

I think the point of this thread, the previous one, and all like them is just this: everyone has different tastes, overlapping here and there with other folks, and not everyone is going to love any lineup, and some lineups (like this proposed one of woosta's) that get some people peeing their pants wouldn't occassion more than a yawn on the parts of others.

Personally, I'd go just for VP and Threshold, but they'd damn well better not be opening! :p

Shaye

DemonOfTheWoods said:
Awesome list, I'd go to that...but I'd much rather see Grave Digger over Running Wild (no offense or disrespect at all to Running Wild, I love both Running Wild and Grave Digger, but Grave Digger has had much more impact on me)

I second the Grave Digger props, I just bought a Grave Digger boxed set ... very, very good stuff! :headbang: I'd love to see them grace a future PP lineup...

lady_space said:
Saying they "couldn't interest me less" is taking a shot?

I think the point of this thread, the previous one, and all like them is just this: everyone has different tastes, overlapping here and there with other folks, and not everyone is going to love any lineup, and some lineups (like this proposed one of woosta's) that get some people peeing their pants wouldn't occassion more than a yawn on the parts of others.

Personally, I'd go just for VP and Threshold, but they'd damn well better not be opening! :p

Shaye
Seriously, I'm not arguing here. Just making an observation. This also includes posts in other threads. Some people are more vocal than others and that's cool. IMO, I just think it's very uncool to bash fave bands of others. If you are going to have less than nice things to say about someone else's bands, then don't be upset when yours gets slammed. That's all I'm saying.

Cheiron said:
My list is better.

1. Venturia
2. Dark Empire
3. Freedom Call
4. Blind Guardian

--
1. Andrew Bordoni's Earthcubed
2. Elvenking
3. Falconer
4. Rhapsody

Yes... this is returning to a 2 headliner per night setup.

Wow...Freedom Call, Elvenking, Falconer, Rhapsody...not to mention you said Dark Empire. Definitley one of my choices for PPVIII!