EXODUS/MEGADETH - Tuesday Nov. 23

MajestikMøøse

Membrum virile
Jul 28, 2003
Not Siberia
Karen, Fred and Reuben should enjoy this: (as I duplicate posted on the Royal Carnage Board)

With former Kings of Thrash Metallica taking bands such as Limp Donut and Linkin' Log out on tour, witnessing a pure thrash and speed metal onslaught of Famed MEGADETH and EXODUS on tour is nothing short of amazing and a MONUMENT of true thrash/speed metal attack. (I'm specifically setting them apart because I know that Jaykeeley would rip my head off over the distinctions between thrash and speed metal :loco: )

Now, where was I? ah yes...

THRASSSHHHHH!!!!!

EXODUS slayed. I'm not really familiar with a lot of their work, but they played all the classics: Bonded by Blood, Toxic Waltz, And Then There Were None, etc. while playing a number from their new album, which by no means is any less ferocious than their previous material. You could see all the old timers coming out for this one. One old dude next to me and my buddy was calling all the kids in the pit punks and going "haha! I can buy beer!!!!" Very fun. Exodus opened with the Scar Spangled Banner from Tempo of the Damned and played two encores after Toxic Waltz, neither of which I can remember. The new vocalist was a great improvement over the last one, as I remember watching the Tempo of the Damned release party webcast and couldn't help but thinking that they borrowed the guy from AC/DC for their album. Altogether great performance, LOTS of energy with the band and a lot of energy given back by the audience. Exodus told us that we were the most insane crowd on the tour and I can only imagine that's a hard thing to come by.

MEGADETH: One of my life goals to see Megadeth (albeit Dave Mustaine + 3 hired guns) has been accomplished. No less, Dave seemed angrier than ever and went to his task of giving us a set of classic 'deth tunes as well as a good selection of material from the new album. Sadly, only a three songs from Rust In Peace were played (Holy Wars, Tornado of Souls, Hangar 18) but thankfully only one from Cryptic Writings (Trust) and the rest were pre-Cryptic Writings. If I remember correctly they played Wake Up Dead, Peace Sells, Set The World Afire, In My Darkest Hour, Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Tornado of Souls, Skin 'o my teeth, Symphony of Destruction, sweating bullets, angry again, Reckoning Day, A Tout Le Monde, Trust, and a bunch of new tunes: the only ones I can remember Blackmail the universe, kick the chair & Back in the Day but I'm sure that there was one or two more. Fucking unreal. Mustaine gave a heartfelt speech about us sticking together and how that no one could stop us together. He also mentioned that he hadn't been to Edmonton in 13 years, so it was a big thing for him to come back now. During "Back in the Day" Exodus took the stage with Megadeth and sang the chorus along with them; a dedication monument to the good old days. Dave insisted that it wasn't a big four, but a big five with Exodus included in with the usually grouped Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax. Altogether great show, the crowd was very energetic and despite moshing and crowdsurfing being banned... well, you can't stop that at a Megadeth/Exodus show. After the show I was going to get a shirt and they had these nice Megadeth/Exodus shirts, but they cost $35 (cheapest shirts other than babydolls; for girly girls, although metalskater7 might think otherwise) and I was short $5, ehh, shirts shouldn't cost more than $25 anyway 'jeez.

Thrash metal is alive and well. With new Kreator, Sodom, Death Angel, Exodus & Megadeth albums already here or on the way, thrash is making a comeback and the intensity of the shows are reflecting that.

Oh, and when Exodus came out for "Back in the Day" one of the guys from Exodus picked the new megadeth guitarist's guitar while that guy did the fingering... it was so awesome.

NicodemiX said:
THRASSSHHHHH!!!!!

Thrash metal is alive and well. With new Kreator, Sodom, Death Angel, Exodus & Megadeth albums already here or on the way, thrash is making a comeback and the intensity of the shows are reflecting that.

Nico, I herby pronounce you the man of the year :p
awesome review my friend! and above all: I'm happy you had a good time!!!!
:headbang:

Fuck yeah, that sounds pretty damn awesome. Exodus and Megadeth playing together = winnerness. The greatness of this review is enough to make me forgive you for saying that the Skinlab guy > Zetro, which he CLEARLY does not. :p

Plus you're listening to the best Overkill album. That rules. Glad you enjoyed yourself, chum.

Pyrus said:
Fuck yeah, that sounds pretty damn awesome. Exodus and Megadeth playing together = winnerness. The greatness of this review is enough to make me forgive you for saying that the Skinlab guy > Zetro, which he CLEARLY does not. :p

Plus you're listening to the best Overkill album. That rules. Glad you enjoyed yourself, chum.

Listenning to Overkill does make a person forgivable!

sorry man, all I was glad was that it wasn't the nasal AC/DC style vocals of Zetro, but if its the skinlab guy then he's obviously some kind of faggot. But seriously, I thought he put out a really good effort.

To the detroit show at the State Theater, which is an absolutely amazing place. The show was broadcast live on WRIF, and it wuz killer, awsome sound. The "Big Five" speech, with metallica ending up being the middle finger was the best. The best megadeth show I've seen, super kudos to the new band members.