Expect a few changes next year

I had my Powerbook with me in Atlanta, but I didn't take it to the venue. I should have, since I plan on writing up a review of the show for SequentialTart.com, and details are starting to get hazy...

-- Laura

Azrael LenGraden said:
Hell...I saw someone with an Laptop Apple computer?!?!?!?! thought is was ok since he got in with it? In and out is a must with a festival that long so what ever you have to do to insure that privalige is a must!
It's the best fest in the U.S. hands down!
One of the photographers that Glenn had brought his notebook to download all his pictures between sets. I watched him do it backstage a few times.

--Mike

MetalRose said:
"ProgPower Girls Gone Primal! :Shedevil: Watch these girls beat bootlegging brats! See fist fights and hair pulling as these girls wait in line to meet Midnight! You think you've seen it all! You haven't seen anything until you've seen a metalhead being pulled "cave-man style" throught the club! o_O By his girlfriend! Shocking never before seen footage of girls in corsets! :worship: Order yours today! BONUS! Each month a NEW video will be sent to you! Will will charge your credit card $5.95 per video, pluse $75.90 s/h. If you are not satisified with your purchase, you may return it for a full refund, minus s/h charges! Don't delay act today!"

-MetalRose
LMMFAO!!!! That's hysterical!

Where can I order my copy??

MetalRose said:
"ProgPower Girls Gone Primal! :Shedevil: Watch these girls beat bootlegging brats! See fist fights and hair pulling as these girls wait in line to meet Midnight! You think you've seen it all! You haven't seen anything until you've seen a metalhead being pulled "cave-man style" throught the club! o_O By his girlfriend! Shocking never before seen footage of girls in corsets! :worship: Order yours today! BONUS! Each month a NEW video will be sent to you! Will will charge your credit card $5.95 per video, pluse $75.90 s/h. If you are not satisified with your purchase, you may return it for a full refund, minus s/h charges! Don't delay act today!"

-MetalRose

omg roflmao Will the footage of us actually getting in to the corsets be in there??

sloppy said:
Just curious, so I can start planning equipment purchases if I need to...

I have a Canon Powershot A80 that I use for stills, but it is capable of recording video (though at pretty low res and it looks like shit and I can't imagine carrying enough storage (or batteries) for it to be feasible -- but then compactflash cards will probably be in the multigigabyte range a year from now, I guess). Would having such a camera, get me in trouble?

This is gonna get tricky. Digital convergence is going crazy, and within a few years, $99 cellphones are going to have these capabilities (whether the buyer wants them or not).

It's fine, I used it at PP4 and PP5.

A special pass might not be needed, either. A regular VIP pass, maybe with an added sticker or something, would suffice. Not too many in the crowd would be likely to jump a videographer wearing one. :)

13ShadesofGray said:
omg roflmao Will the footage of us actually getting in to the corsets be in there??
LOL, maybe the hotels could issue completmentary shoe horns to help me "ooze" into mine (snort).

BABS said:
LOL, maybe the hotels could issue completmentary shoe horns to help me "ooze" into mine (snort).

I'll be sure to label my room at the Fairfield: "Official ProgPower Corset Lacer. Knock 3 times and repeat the mantra, 'Breathe through the chest, breathe through the chest, breathe through the chest."

MetalRose said:
LOL I like it.

Do we think the line of women or men will be longer?

-MetalRose

If we get more gothy kids, it'll be debatable. However, if I can get guys to lace up in a corest, just to be "restrained" by cute girls.....that will be picture worthy.

freakchylde said:
If we get more gothy kids, it'll be debatable. However, if I can get guys to lace up in a corest, just to be "restrained" by cute girls.....that will be picture worthy.

I don't think the guys will be lacing up in corsets... they'll be a line of men drooling over the women going in and out!

But I like your idea too! I got dibs on Evil, Savascream, Warmentos and Bryant!

-MetalRose

I hope the camera is not banned as I enjoy taking photos of the show. Although I do see that it is getting hard to tell who is taking a picture and who is bootlegging the show.

Glenn actually confronted me during the POS set because of my camera. He was totally cool about it but I was getting the feeling he wasn't so sure it was just a still camera.
I keep the camera on my lap when I am not taking pics and it may give the appearance that I am trying to bootleg. It didn't bother me to be asked about the camera, it's nice to see people are trying to keep on top of such things.

I for one have never seen anyone boot leg any of the shows ( this year was my 4th ) but be rest assured if I ever did...

Hey, they *make* corsets specifically for men... there's gotta be one out there willing to try one out.

I know one, but he's not a PP sorta guy.

jaimek said:
Hey, they *make* corsets specifically for men... there's gotta be one out there willing to try one out.

I know one, but he's not a PP sorta guy.

Calling Derek, party of one :) LOVED that guy, and have a strange sense that he would be up for it!

I keep picturing that scene in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, where Miss Swan, *ahem*, Swan Dives into the sea. *Can't... Breathe..." lol I was shocked to learn that her cleavage was "painted on". :bah:

MetalRose said:

-MetalRose

You take food stamps?