Explain your hatred for Dimmu Borgir

Edgecrusher said:
Dimmu's first two albums were pretty boring.

Haha, sorry but I want to justify Dimmu Borgir here.

Black metal in it's purest form is not made for entertainments sake, therefore boring can not really be taken into account as criticism. More of a (purposely?) uneducated opinion. Also these two albums were pure black metal, not the goth rock they now produce.

Continuing on from that, what they have made since Enthrone is just pure entertaining, accessible music. A huge no in black metal. It disappointed me so much to see the change, Enthrone was such an empty album. :erk:

However, Stormblast is a masterpiece. It may take multiple listens, but the music in this album is some of the most beautiful I have ever heard. My favorite black metal album to date, this album is much too under appreciated.

Please do not be so thick headed as to base your thoughts on the new Dimmu Borgir, you have not heard the real band they once were.

...Maybe some people just don't enjoy their early stuff that much either? It's hardly mindblowing. I like Stormblast, or at least, some of Stormblast, but there's so many more interesting BM albums.

Man, do I hate Dimmu Borgir. I hate them so much my hate rating is phenomenal. I hate Dimmu Borgir because I hate them. If I hated them anymore then I'd probably be hating so much my mind would collapse. Hating Dimmu is more than normal hate for anything. My hate for them is just running crazy and seeping out my pores. I have so much hatred in my blood that I can't hate no more. I would burn them with my hate from hell. Hells hate doesn't compare to my hate for Dimmu. Fuck do I hate them.

There ok I guess...

I dont hate Dimmu, I just dislike their music. Seriously I cant see a good reason for hating the band, just they dont appeal to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

They are a good band, though they don't really have much depth or staying power. But for the most part they write good aesteically pleasing music and have some really good lyrics. They're pretty consistant too, nothing they do is amazing but nothing they do is bad either...

Because some people here forget what it's like to be human and accept that not everyone is *perfect* like them.