Dimmu Borgir thrashed by Cleveland radio DJ, his email addy enclosed!

anonymousnick2001 said:
Your point is well made.

You can have your views of organized religion, but your view of Islam is still quite jilted. Muslims are not a fucking cult or organization or something. If by that you meant that a Muslim president took office, I'm sure he would be an American first and deal with the needs of Americans before even attempting to do anything for Islam, if he would even do it at all. Those people on TV are extremists. Psychos. Nothing more.
All organized religions are wrong. To play off peoples fears, hopes, and aspirations to attain total control over them is wrong. I am not asking you to change your beliefs, just as you are not asking me. But if you look at the whole picture of what all organized religion has done for the world, the majority of it is negative. A very high majority. I disagree with it all, and I believe the human race has been using religion as a crutch for far too long.

AjDeath said:
All organized religions are wrong. To play off peoples fears, hopes, and aspirations to attain total control over them is wrong. I am not asking you to change your beliefs, just as you are not asking me. But if you look at the whole picture of what all organized religion has done for the world, the majority of it is negative. A very high majority. I disagree with it all, and I believe the human race has been using religion as a crutch for far too long.
Well if that is what you believe, I respect your beliefs. However, I strongly disagree. I think we should agree to disagree and let it go.

I thank you for being so civil. It does make discussion much easier. :)

Well, I could care less about how true or sellout a band is. That said, I think Dimmu Borgir suck because I can't fucking stand their music.

I gotta hand it to you Erik, you certainly have a way with people.

As for Dimmu, I did like PEM and Enthrone..., but DCA is just too bland for my tastes. I do say they're selling out, and they are, but even sellouts can make some occassionally decent music, heh. (except for poster-boy Metallica of course)

AjDeath said:

Religion is the opiate of the masses... I agree on your viewpoint though i respect Nick's.. anyways enough about religion it's like talking about politics... not everyone will always agree... as for Dimmu... i like them but oh well.. thats just me <shrugs> .... :wave:

Erik said:
haha you like newer dimmu borgir and have the fucking nerve to say dmds has "poor songwriting."

HOW ABOUT YOU GO KILL YOURSELF

NOW
What the fuck man? You drunk again?

I listen to Dimmu Borgir as pure entertainment. No shit they can't write songs anymore...

DMDS still has poor songwriting. Oopsie, did I just say that? Uh, yeah.

It's absolutely impossible to listen to Mayhem as anything other than art, as the only thing entertaining about the band is witnessing the antics of the band members, in interviews and on CD as they attempt to play "music."

I hate being so crude, as it's really not my nature, but fucking learn to deal with other people's opinions, dammit.

I don't know what you guys are jabbering about, but Deathcrush is a fucking catchy record. "Necrolust" satisfies headbanging urges far and wide.

I agree with Demiurge, that Dimmu Borgir should have known better than to use that language on the air, although I feel that the radio DJ did kind of react like a fool.

Anonymousnick, I think you are a bit misinformed, muslims have forced their religon on to others, it still happens now in places like Sudan, although muslims may not convert people, by sending missionaries, muslims still force their religon on to others using methods like torture etc.

why dont you state why you think they suck, dumbshit.
Because they had to take guitar lessons after stormblast to sound this bad.

Alot of the keyboard stuff they do is badass
That statement is why I shouldnt state why they suck. If you think that you wont understand.

humungo said:
Anonymousnick, I think you are a bit misinformed, muslims have forced their religon on to others, it still happens now in places like Sudan, although muslims may not convert people, by sending missionaries, muslims still force their religon on to others using methods like torture etc.
Those people are not true Muslims, then. Islam is supposed to spread through love and peace. Not threats, torture, or the guise of help and later blackmail.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Those people are not true Muslims, then. Islam is supposed to spread through love and peace. Not threats, torture, or the guise of help and later blackmail.
Ahhhh, you see that which it is supposed to teach and practice. What it actually is in reality is a different thing. I don't claim to know much about any religion. But history shows that religion almost certainly leads to violence, violence spread by beliefs. Like UMetalhead said, an opiate for the masses.

AjDeath said:
Ahhhh, you see that which it is supposed to teach and practice. What it actually is in reality is a different thing. I don't claim to know much about any religion. But history shows that religion almost certainly leads to violence, violence spread by beliefs. Like UMetalhead said, an opiate for the masses.
Good things will always be corrupted by bad people for their own ends. Religion is an individual thing. I look at the great good that reliigon has done for individual people.

AjDeath said:
Clear Channel, the company that dropped Stern and is going draconian on every one, owns 90% of American radio, and a hell of a lot of venues that bands play at. 90%! That is a small amount of people telling us what we shouldn't and should hear. A popular station around where I live used to swear and do all sorts of crazy shit. Clear Channel bought them and now they are clean as a whistle. And this bullshit was made possible by George W. Bush and his massive deregulation campaign. He is still a douche.
FINALLY SOMETHING I AGREE WITH!!!!! FUCK CLEAR CHANNEL