Eye of the Enemy - The Vengeance Paradox (new album, 2014)

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
I recall some people on here were quite fond of the first record we did, so I thought to share the follow-up with you here.

Debut single, 'The March':

Recorded by the band & Troy McCosker
Reamped & Mixed by yours truly
Mastered by Thomas 'Plec' Johansson

Let me know if you have any questions about the mix, production process etc.

Hope you like.

EDIT: You can now stream the entire album for free, or purchase a downloadable copy at bandcamp

https://eyeoftheenemy.bandcamp.com/album/the-vengeance-paradox

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing less than expected from the boys. Jules is sounding it top notch!
Sounding kick ass all round.
EVH on the guitars?
Also.. Are the drums programmed???

The rhythm guitars are double tracked. At points dual tracked lead guitars and extra rhythm layers kick in, which give a quad tracked feel from time to time. Peavey 5150II and 6505 on the guitars. Drums are programmed.

Can't wait =)

The snare sounds pretty cool soundwise, although sometimes a bit more velocity variation in the programming (of the snare) would have been even better (imho).

Ah sweet. Yeah, those damn Cymbals.. every time! I take it they just sent them as is and you didn't sit there dealing with velocities much?
Lowend sounds great as always. Guitars are interesting given what you usually get, but I like it. Hopefully the albums is as good musically as I keep hearing :D

I think we can all agree that real drums are preferable for a number of reasons, but the economic reality for many bands prohibits this. You can thank all the people you know every time they hit up the pirate bay to get an album, rather than purchasing a copy from the band. That being said, given the very aggressive and techy nature of the music here, it doesn't come off all too badly.

I'm glad you guys are digging the music itself. There are some really good songs on there, so it'll most certainly be a worthy purchase. All things said, limitations aside, I think it's one of the very best works I've ever put out to boot.

I think we can all agree that real drums are preferable for a number of reasons, but the economic reality for many bands prohibits this. You can thank all the people you know every time they hit up the pirate bay to get an album, rather than purchasing a copy from the band. That being said, given the very aggressive and techy nature of the music here, it doesn't come off all too badly.

I'm glad you guys are digging the music itself. There are some really good songs on there, so it'll most certainly be a worthy purchase. All things said, limitations aside, I think it's one of the very best works I've ever put out to boot.

Well at the end of the day... Who's gonna notice outside of punters :p but yeah... Obviously in an ideal world, programmed drums wouldn't be an issue but such is life really. Looking forward to the album in it's entirety

Listened to it again. I'm really exited for the whole record. The last album was one of my all time favourites. I really liked the vocal production and it's sounds awesome here as well. Also I dig the snare sound, sounds a bit different to your usual snare sound imho.

It's a very good album in its entirety. I doubt you'll be disappointed. Probably EoTE's strongest offering yet as a band. It's actually hard to pick a 2nd single due to there being so many contenders.

awesome work all around!

it's a pitty about that there was no budget for recording drums, but I doubt the programmed ones ruin the listening experience for most people.
Would have fiddled more with the programming on the overheads though.