EZ Drummer 2 review

My original lukewarm enthousiasm has shifted with this video. It really looks like a huge step up from the original.
I'm no drummer and this will certainly help my drumtracks feel less repetitive with minimal effort. I'm extremely stoked right now.:headbang:

This just makes me want these features in a new Superior Drummer though. I'd be happy to revert back to EZD if it had all the extra SD features, plus these songwriting tools.

For just quick making of drums and getting shit done this plugin rules. Fine in the end I will shift and edit everything myself but to get started EZ Drummer 2 is unbeatable.

I watched your 5 minute song video and I have to say that you've definitely convinced me to buy it. The song construction window looks amazing, as well as the tap-beat function.

Great vid.. The days writing in GP5 and browsing in Addictive Drums will be shorten. I'm a noob at drums and writing unrealistic parts, like a pianist would do for guitars.

Would you guys say that, for the money, Ez Drummer 2.0 is definitely worth it? I see everywhere people talking about Steven Slate or Superior Drummer, but they are quite expensive compare to EZ Drummer 2.0

I'm thinking about buying it.. but still ain't sure. I'm wondering how easy and nice it is to create drum grooves from scratch, i.e. not using the grooves included in the software.

for me personally ezdrummer 2 should be a big help in writing songs. I am not very good at programming drum parts and a lot of the time I end up giving up on a song idea because of that. so getting the rough tracks done using the song builder and then going back at the end to tweak the patterns is what I look forward to trying out.

Great vid.. The days writing in GP5 and browsing in Addictive Drums will be shorten. I'm a noob at drums and writing unrealistic parts, like a pianist would do for guitars.

Reminds me of me, back in the days when I tried to write epic keyboards sections with a guitar. Man, that was a shit.

Anyway, I dont consider myself good at programing drums but not bad either. But I think that if you listen carefully to music and what the drummer is playing, you will gain a lot of new notions of what you can and cant write.
I dont play drums but I good notion of what a drummer can do.

Was this released early? I just downloaded it via my Toontrack account. Thought it was out next week.

just wanted to pre-purchase but what the hell is PayEx!?
do i have to make an PayEx account now or does it work without registration?

REVIEW!!!!!

Ola and Ryan Bruce did some good ones... Not much more to show. Apparently they put the beta out by accident, toontrack sent an email out describing the error.

It's pretty intuitive and fun to play with.

just wanted to pre-purchase but what the hell is PayEx!?
do i have to make an PayEx account now or does it work without registration?

I was wondering the same thing. I posted on the forums about it but havent heard anything back yet. Im not sure if I can buy it from them or if I have to go through an American retailer like sweetwater or something.

Ebay retailers send codes out that work for ezd2 redemption. You might be able to make an offer too.