EZ Drummer 2 review

Is Toontrack's new site layout really slow at loading for anyone else? It seems like they're using a WordPress type software so it probably just isn't optimized yet.

I've messed around with it some. I like the included kits. the search feature is nice if you have a ton of toontrack midi but it doesn't seem to work the same with other midi tracks.

I've messed around with it some. I like the included kits. the search feature is nice if you have a ton of toontrack midi but it doesn't seem to work the same with other midi tracks.

I know I'm jumping the gun - it will be out next week but wtf@! - does it sound like they revamped and improved the quality of the sound? I never thought that EZD sounded as good as SSD4 or SD.

I picked this up - I think its really cool - great workflow. Still like my SSD snare better but everything else is pretty good. What does everyone else think?

great new drumsets; i prefer them to the other libraries, even more than the avatar kit. everything sounds perfectly glued together and has a lot of punch. the new tap2find command is great - it´s very quick to find a midi beat with this feature. definitly worth the money!

Got the product email today, watched the tutorial vids and was sold. Just installed it and it's amazing. I really like the drumsets, but the ease-of-use and the intuitiveness is what makes this really really cool for creating "finished" sounding tracks very quickly.

It does what it says in the box. I've had no auth issues with my previous drum packs or loss of presets - although the "kit" button could be more visible, honestly. It really is amazing in that it can both give you and accept suggestions towards the playing, you can finally mix &match kit pieces, change pitch and volume of each kit piece and has a master volume fader - strangely enough with no level indicator.

One thing I really liked is the quality of the effects provided -especially the low pass filter is truly smooth. The issue is that they cannot be assigned to individual kit pieces - buss assignments are whatever the preset dictates and effects cannot be used unless they are part of the preset. I guess all this will be selling points for sd3.

For all those of us who had v1, this one is really a step forward, a great tool. I just wish it were as flexible in the routing/processing department as it is in the writing one.

Hope this helps,
T

Toms and Cymbals yes, Kick is the 24" DW collector and Snare is the Tama Artist all with the basic preset. Just raised the ambiance channel a bit.

Are you 100% sure there's no additional processing on drums? :saint:

Man, this sounds AWESOME!

Are you 100% sure there's no additional processing on drums? :saint:

Man, this sounds AWESOME!

There's Slate VCC and VBC on the master buss in the DAW and a healthy dose of limiting to get it loud but that's it.

+1

so far i really like EZD2, however i find it strange that all toms are on one channel, this makes tweaking hard and replacing impossible, or did i miss something?

If you really need to replace them, using midi to trigger other sounds is much more accurate and convenient than using audio.