EzDrummer post-rock

I really need to upgrade to EZ drummer 2. I'll have to wait until the Black Friday sales.

I say, Shite. I really wish they would start approaching artists to make libraries. I would love to see a Mike Portnoy library or a Danny Carey library.. Something interesting from top drummers that have a great sounding kit, not these studios that think they know what we want but it all turns out to be crap sounding samples.

I say, Shite. I really wish they would start approaching artists to make libraries. I would love to see a Mike Portnoy library or a Danny Carey library.. Something interesting from top drummers that have a great sounding kit, not these studios that think they know what we want but it all turns out to be crap sounding samples.

What makes you say Mike Portnoy and Danny Carey have great sounding kits independent of the studios that produced the records you heard them on?

What makes you say Mike Portnoy and Danny Carey have great sounding kits independent of the studios that produced the records you heard them on?

I think I sort of understand what he's saying. Basically he doesn't want a Barresi kit, he wants a 10k days kit. He doesn't want a Doug Oberkircher kit, he wants bad rapping and temper tantrum samples.

I doubt they'd ever do it. Those guys owe their careers to their skills, and just selling away their unique styles in a midi pack? Don't see it happening.

I doubt they'd ever do it. Those guys owe their careers to their skills, and just selling away their unique styles in a midi pack? Don't see it happening.

I don’t know about that. John Tempesta gave us some of his drum grooves and he ain't no B-list drummer.

I think I sort of understand what he's saying. Basically he doesn't want a Barresi kit, he wants a 10k days kit. He doesn't want a Doug Oberkircher kit, he wants bad rapping and temper tantrum samples.

Yeah, no. The closest thing that's came out in the past while that sounds like it could have been promising, if it were developed more, was the Sphere Studio samples.. The Black Beauty sample wasn't all that great, but the kick and the toms were amazing. You can hear the head and the shell working together, it just sounded organic.

Neil Peart did it with Sonic Reality, that was OK, for what it was. Just commenting that it would be nice to have more artist do those types of things away from the compressed metal side of things.

P.S. The Temepsta snare in BFD 3 is also great.

Yeah, no. The closest thing that's came out in the past while that sounds like it could have been promising, if it were developed more, was the Sphere Studio samples.. The Black Beauty sample wasn't all that great, but the kick and the toms were amazing. You can hear the head and the shell working together, it just sounded organic.

Neil Peart did it with Sonic Reality, that was OK, for what it was. Just commenting that it would be nice to have more artist do those types of things away from the compressed metal side of things.

P.S. The Temepsta snare in BFD 3 is also great.

Just wait for the SDX version then. The EZXs are pre-mixed with less samples. Maybe we'll see the Colin Richardson SDX next month.

Just wait for the SDX version then. The EZXs are pre-mixed with less samples. Maybe we'll see the Colin Richardson SDX next month.

Crossing my fingers for that. I've been using the Colin Richardson EZX since it came out and it's working great. Only problem I find is the toms aren't all that great when triggering with my Roland kit. But that's the EZX part of this, reason why it's not 20GB+. :p

The snare is great for this sort of music. It's quite dark, but nothing a bit of eq wouldn't fix