EZDrummer DFH EZX

You need EZ Drummer as well, It alone sounds amazing. I have heard alot of great stuff with dfhs, i used dfh for all my ruff ideas to present to my band but i gotta say EZ Drummer kiks it's ass. route each drum out on its own track and add some shit to it, and i replace the kik on EZ Drummer just my prefrence. But the DFH EZX i probable wont have to anymore :headbang:

As much as I'd love for this thing to slay.....I tend to agree. From a business perspective, there's no valid reason why Toontrack would bring out a product that sounds better than their flagship product, and is 1/4 the price. I think the loops will be great, but you'll be limited/dissappointed on the sound side of things.

I'm waiting on my order for the DFHS + C&V expansion which they're bundling at a discount at the moment. I'll still probably pick up the EZX expansion as well for the loops and for quick drums in writing mode though.

Guys.... Ezx DFH IS NOT D.F.H. 1 converted over to EZ Drummer. All the samples have been re-mixed. It's a combination of D.F.H.1 and the Add-on pack:)

There's NO loops in the package. There were loops in the Original multi D.F.H.1 package.
EZX DFH has 770+mb of 16 bit drum samples. 20,000 midi files!

D.F.H.S. has 35 Gigs of 24bit and 16bit drum samples. I hope you can see what I'm getting at. Both products are great! EZ DFH has 16bit samples and a massive midi library that will blow you away!!! D.F.H.S. has the killer mic bleeding options and C&V is incredible! C&V's samples sound like they came right off the 2"!

There's NO limitations to EZ DFH, because it's NOT LOOPS!! You can keep the midi files as they are or you can re-arrange them to your liking:kickass:

Here's some more EZ drummer DFH tunes, the two bottom ones. All done with the midi files/ Grooves!

Good luck with your new purchase coming!!!! You'll be busy for hours!!!:headbang:

GORILLA

what is the advantage of DFHS over EZD with DFH then?!

i've had no experience with either and EZD just looked far easier to use!?

i just want something i can use as a vst for midi drum tracks and then mix as i please?! is that what you can do, i dunno i'm a complete newbie at this stuff, i'm only 17! i blame that....haha

Kenny Lee said:
Guys.... Ezx DFH IS NOT D.F.H. 1 converted over to EZ Drummer. All the samples have been re-mixed. It's a combination of D.F.H.1 and the Add-on pack:)

There's NO loops in the package. There were loops in the Original multi D.F.H.1 package.
EZX DFH has 770+mb of 16 bit drum samples. 20,000 midi files!

D.F.H.S. has 35 Gigs of 24bit and 16bit drum samples. I hope you can see what I'm getting at. Both products are great! EZ DFH has 16bit samples and a massive midi library that will blow you away!!! D.F.H.S. has the killer mic bleeding options and C&V is incredible! C&V's samples sound like they came right off the 2"!

There's NO limitations to EZ DFH, because it's NOT LOOPS!! You can keep the midi files as they are or you can re-arrange them to your liking:kickass:

Here's some more EZ drummer DFH tunes, the two bottom ones. All done with the midi files/ Grooves!

Good luck with your new purchase coming!!!! You'll be busy for hours!!!:headbang:

GORILLA

Well said. The midi drum files alone are worth getting it, cuts the time it takes to make fills down to nothing and trust me there are some badass fucking midi fills included. and dont let anyone bullshit you the drum samples themselves sound exceptional!

bshuker said:

i just want something i can use as a vst for midi drum tracks and then mix as i please?! is that what you can do, i dunno i'm a complete newbie at this stuff, i'm only 17! i blame that....haha
With the EZ drummer and DFH ezx you actually have two kits!!! EZ drummer kit and the Tomas Haake DFH kit. If you want ease.... EZ drummer. If you want more control over the kit as a whole .... D.F.H.S.

I'll stop here:Smug:

Good luck in your decisions!!!!!

GORILLA

bshuker said:

EZDrummer.

=Ezx DFH IS NOT D.F.H. 1 converted over to EZ Drummer. All the samples have been re-mixed. It's a combination of D.F.H.1 and the Add-on pack:)

Now you can have all those awful sounding snares and hi-hats from DFH1 with new EQ settings! Sorry guys, but I think DFH1 sounds absolutely terrible. I was even a beta tester for it several years ago before it was officially released. I loved it at first of course, but after DFHS came out, I've never gone back. I have not heard one decent track done with the new EZDrummer metal kit.

Splat88 said:
Now you can have all those awful sounding snares and hi-hats from DFH1 with new EQ settings! Sorry guys, but I think DFH1 sounds absolutely terrible. I was even a beta tester for it several years ago before it was officially released. I loved it at first of course, but after DFHS came out, I've never gone back. I have not heard one decent track done with the new EZDrummer metal kit.

I will try and post a short clip of EZDrummer for ya later tonight.

bshuker said:
awesome i think ill go for EXDrummer and DFH and save a bit of cash then (and confusion)

EZDrummer's great for quickly throwing ideas together, but it can't compete sonically with DFHS. Once you become adept at programming and mixing you may regret not buying DHFS.

Splat88 said:
EZDrummer's great for quickly throwing ideas together, but it can't compete sonically with DFHS. Once you become adept at programming and mixing you may regret not buying DHFS.

EZDrummer is only like 150 bucks and it takes quite a while to get the hang of mixing drums in gerneral. So I would say it's a good buy and in 2 years there might be something better than DFHS out there ...

bshuker said:

35gigs of samples (DFHS) ver. 5gigs of samples (EZD). Thats the biggie for me.