EZMIX: METAL PACK

Might be useful for thrashing out quick demos for sure, it all looks to be in the same kinda vain as the Waves Artists series.

I can understand that this thing goes pretty much against everything this forum is about, I mean it has presets and "easy mix" on the title LOL :p but what's wrong with someone, with no real interest in audio engineering, using it to get decent sounding demos and stuff?

Sure the marketing is pure hyperbole but I don't think any half decent AE is sweating about it, nor that anyone in there right mind would use it for serious work.

I read somewhere that the vocal reverbs in EZMix are actually good. I haven't heard any demos though.

There are a few A/B comparisons on the site page. Not bad at all.

As the video pointed out, this is aimed at "musicians" who dont have the time or give a shit about knob tweaking.
Looks like a budget version of Waves Signature Series.

I can understand that this thing goes pretty much against everything this forum is about, I mean it has presets and "easy mix" on the title LOL :p but what's wrong with someone, with no real interest in audio engineering, using it to get decent sounding demos and stuff?

Sure the marketing is pure hyperbole but I don't think any half decent AE is sweating about it, nor that anyone in there right mind would use it for serious work.

The problem is that the amount of people going to real studio's with real engineers has decreased significantly with the advent of cheap daws, soundreplacing & drum samples, amp sims & impulses.

It doesn't matter that you're not going to get good results if you're an idiot musician that doesn't know what he's doing. It's the perception of the industry that it gives off:

You don't need to record in a studio because you've got a mbox.
You don't need an amp because you have a pod and impulses.
You don't need to record drums because you can just program them.

And now, you don't even need to send it to a mix engineer because you can use ezmix presets.

It's devaluing the job that we already struggle to get paid more than peanuts for at the best of times.

Ezmastering is next. Trust me.

I understand you point of view. But the software is just another tool, ezmix is catering to a different audience, the hobbyist rather than the professional, at least that's how I see it.

The fact that people are claiming to have a "studio" and offer "professional" services just because they have cracked versions of Cubase, Superior and Waves plugins and have no clue of what the fuck they' re doing it's not the fault of Line6 or Toontrack...

both points are very valid, but there will ALWAYS be a large gap in goodness, noticable even to total n00bs, between the hobbyist and the guy with years of experience that can notch that fizz out of a tone that was tracked just a smidge too on-axis.