Fair Judgement's "lost track of time" part backing vocals

Shezmen

Aug 31, 2006
hi, need some help.
We are making a new full lenght cover of Fair judgement (featuring Pianopeth! :loco::) ) it's all done, but i'm having a little trouble with the "lost track of time" part when steven wilson is singing the backing vocals. For now, i made a falsetto voice under my "mikael" voice...but i am not sure if it's a falsetto, it doesn't sound so good..:err:. I cant hear separetly the two voices so i cant find out HOW should i sing that part in the recording....Could someone please help me out with this quandary, please? :eek:

Not sure how you want us to help...but it sounds like three part harmony...:shrug: Hope that helps in anyway.

SW vocal chords and throat work in tenor mode, he gets very high without using falsetto. Hard do immitate for sure.

yeah i think you are right..that's the solution of this dilemma:kickass:...he's very talented, but anyway, i recorded the voice in falsetto again and i think it went out good using a lot of reverbs to disjoint the back volcals from the main vocals...

Not fucking bad dude, I listened to your bands myspace thumbs up

Thank you dude, maybe i will rename this thread and call it "A Fair judgement Tribute" so you can listen to the "final product" if you want... :> Pianopeth sent me the piano 2 days ago, now we are going to record the drums next week. :]

Your drummer isn't that great and you seem to often use distortion when parts should be played clean etc.

Anyway, something you should consider when singing is the position of your throat... if you put your hand on you neck and talk you'll feel it move up and down. Your throat moves down with O and ah vowels naturally, and up with e and i vowels. In the singing context, you want it to move DOWN for a "deeper" and less throaty sound. Sing from the bottom of your neck and your diaphram, not in your throat, even when doing high notes. It takes practice, you know?