Those Special Chills

all of black rose immortal. especially at 710 where it sounds like hes saying "it is cold in heeeeeeeeeeeere!" and he's pissed off because it's really cold. It's like...I was feeling cold...mike was feeling cold. omg i know wut u mean bro!! definitely speaking to me

Karma 0:58 and 6:38 7:23 and the continous death growling at this part ! Just kicks ass so bad !!
Epilogue ( all of it )
Madrigal ( all of it )
April Ethereal ( I will endure....hide away part )
Demon of the Fall : Just one second,and I was left with nothing her fragrance still pulsating through damp air,that day came to an end,and she lost in me,her credence FUCKIGNG AMAZING !
Credence Outro
Remember Tomorrow Outro
Nectar 03:13-03:20 amazing
Blackwater Park Outro
Bleak ( all of it )
Moor ( the part with outcast with dogmas forged below )
When ( all of it but especially ` This day wept on my shoulders...)
The entire damnation album

That is all I can remember now...Opeth owns

The first time opeth really gave me the chills was when i heard "to bid you farewell"...sheesh, that was amazing.
another one was, when i first watched the lamentations dvd, and "harvest" came on....psssh, no words can describe what i felt.

and of course,
"seekers lost in the quest..."
in my opinion, the defining moment of what truly convinced me of his vocals.

and all of "april ethereal", to this day, can give me chills, especially:

1. "I would outrun the scythe, glaring with failure"
2. "The rain was waving goodbye, and when the night came, the forest folded it's branches around me.
Something passed by and I went into a dream...she, laughing and weeping at once..
take me AWAAAAAY"...
and the the desperate "I don't know how or why, and I'll never....know....wheeeen"

jawdropping shit. period.

i know there's a lot but the solo at the end of face of melinda comes to mind(especially on the live version, yo ucan almost feel the emotion of it)

Lopez' work in the last couple of minutes of Master's Apprentices puts that song right over the top for me.

ESPECIALLY 8:48 to 8:50 - a series of descending triplets that kicks it all off - wow, I just saw Opeth in Prog Nation Vancouver this month, and Axe is an incredible drummer. Full credit to him. But I will miss what Lopez brought to the table...

There's so many, but I'll list some of my top favorite sections.

Forest of October - The last minute or so of the song, at about 12:08. Beautiful.
The Night and the Silent Water - The riff at 3:30. Wow.
To Bid You Farewell - The whole jam section where the bass plays lead.
Godhead's Lament - The chorus progression is wonderful.
Moonlapse Vertigo - The intro, and that heavy bluesy riff during the verses.
Face of Melinda - The heavy part of the song. What a killer riff.
The Drapery Falls - The Russian riff in the middle.
Deliverance - The whole outro. What a groove.
By The Pain I See In Others - The chorus ("Rise to submission..."), and the last minute or so of actual music.

Pretty much everything from Damnation. That whole album practically gives me chills.

Ghost of Perdition - The guitar solo at about 8:00 and the verses right after it. The riff makes the growling really emotional.
Beneath the Mire - The section at 0:46. I dig it.
Harlequin Forest - The whole creepy middle section.
Coil - The whole song; it's nicely written and flows great.
Heir Apparent - I love the riffs when Mikael first starts growling.
The Lotus Eater - The jazz/funk part near the end. You know what I'm talking about.
Porcelain Heart - The quiet, creepy lullaby-like section at about 5:00. I actually think the rest of the song is very weak compared to this part.
Hessian Peel - The riff at about 4:14. What a great riff. So much emotion.

Ok everyone who is an Opethian here should know exactly what I am talking about, yes alot of music gives me those chills and makes the hair on my neck stand up, but nothing comes close to the chills Opeth's music gives me. Im talking about those moments that make you proud to be alive to witness and hear something so amazing and beautiful. And that relate to you in such a way, that you swear the words are speaking to you. And also those moments that are so eXtreme and Brutal that just make the hair on your neck stand up, its like your listening to satan himself screaming his heart out. The Pure evil and insanity parts, that just make you wanna headbang your head right off your shoulders and flush out all your anger and emotions. These are the moments that I live for, and mean everything too me. So I have come up of a list about 10 favourite special chills/ moments here they are as follows

In No Order

Demon Of The Fall- RUNAWAY, RUNAWAY, RUNAWAY, Just one second, and I was left with nothing, her fragrance, still pulsating threw damp air, And that day came to an end, And she had lost in me, her credence- I think this is the greatest soft vocal opeth moment of all time, It has the most emotion and it just relates to me exactly, It is purely amazing. And that riff is just beautiful.:kickass:

Ghost of Perdition-6:30, That fucking riff Is fucking brutal folks, WOW!!! GHOST OF PERDITION!!!! A SAINT'S PREMONITIONS UNCLEAR, KEEPER OF HOLY HORDES, KEEPER OF HOLY WHORES OOOOO!!!! Incredible, To me that is Mikaels greatest death metal moment, this is when his voice was 100 percent perfect, soft and heavy. Fucking brutal. Satan himself couldnt have sang that more evil.:OMG:

Black Rose Immortal- After the first Solo- Eyes Attatched to Your Mute portrait, We Spoke only through Thoughts, Together we gazed, awaited, hours brought thirst and the rising sun. WOW and the guitar part that follows after, The most beautiful thing I have ever heard folks. One of Opeths greatest songs of all time and you can tell why. That Accoustic part just brings a tear to your eye and makes it unbeliveable how these guys can create MUSIC this perfect. My favourite part is- Sunbirds Leave Their Dark Recesses, Shadows, Glid the archways. Do Not Turn Your Face Towards Me, Confronting Me With MY Loneliness, You Are In A Forest Unknown, The Secret Orchard, And Your Voice Is Vast And Achromatic, But Still So.....Precious!! My favourite Soft opeth moment.:worship:

To Bid You Farewell- I Am Awaiting The Sunrise, Gazing Modestly Through The Coldest Morning, Once it Came You Lied, Embracing Us Over, Autumns Proud Treetop WOW when that vocal line comes in I totally breathe that and feel that more than anything, This song was the first Opeth song that I related to so much and meant everything to me, Still will always be my favourite ballad. This song just says it all. And to this day it still is just as amazing. Never forget it. And now on to that first distorted riff, Holy shit up there with one of the top riffs of all time, Never heard anything with more emotion than that lick. It just fits with the song so perfectly and when it comes in its all about the way you headbang too it, DEVOTION ELUDES!!!! AND IN SADNESS I LUMBER!!! IN MY OWN ASHES!!, I AM STANDING WITHOUT A SOUL! Wow. What else can I say? .....She wept and Whispered I KNOW!! And for the last part at the end of the song, Beautiful!

The Night And The Silent Water- Am I Like Them?, Those Who Mourn And Turn Away, Those Who Would Give Anything To See You Again, If Only For Another Second. Another perfect moment that speaks to me in a way that I swear it was meant for me. Another all time Greats! Everytime I play guitar the first Song I always play all the way threw has to be This song, I dont know why its just a habit now I cant start without it. YOU SLEEP IN THE NIGHT YET THE NIGHT AND THE SILENT WATER, STILL SO DARK!!!!! I fucking love the whispering bit there, Very original and amazing. Another song that means alot.

The Leper Affinity- LOST ARE DAYS OF SPRING, YOU SIGHTED!! LET ME IN. Keep the beast Inside, Shackled within my hide, Screaming out too late, Losing to my hate. Grew TOGETHER with your SKIN, AND PACE THE TRAILS OF SIN!! WOW another masterpiece, this song has it all, everything you could ask for, Up there for one of the best of all time. Especially that one riff thats fucking so hard to play and sing at the same time hahha I cant do it yet, Only one or the other. One of the best opeth riffs ever

The Drapery Falls- Yet Another Masterpiece, The song is the greatest combination of beauty and the beast, beautiful and brutality, perfect combination. The whole song pretty much but especially the beginning riff, that 8-10-12 chord WOW the saddest chord I have ever played. And especially the one accoustic part- Spiraling to the ground below, like autumn leaves left in the way to fade away!!!!, Amazing!!

A Fair Judgement- The whole song is completely beautiful and that riff at the end is pure evil, but that one soft moment in about 4 mins 30 seconds is one of my favourites of all time. Speaks to me in a way I cant believe. LEAVE IT BE, IT WAS MEANT FOR ME, SOUL SACRIFICE, FORGOT THE ADVICE, LOST TRACK OF TIME, IN A FLURRY OF SMOKE, WAITING ANXIETY, A FAIR JUDGEMENT IS SERVED WOW!!!! can't beat those lyrics folks, get any deeper and more meaningful than that.

Master's Apprentices- This song is easily one of Opeth's heaviest and a great masterpiece. That riff at the beginning is fucking amazing, the devil himself couldn't have wrote that, Only the great Mikael! That one part is so brutal, about 7:46, HOLEEE FUCK!!! One of his best vocals of all time, Totally shocks you, so emotion in the accoustic part then out of nowhere it punches you in the face with those brutal vocals!! :headbang:

The Moor- One of Opeth's best of all time, Everything about this song is completely perfect, another great opener like is that such a shock! Fucking every album starts the best and cant beat them!, Im especially talking about the beginning of the Moor, That beginning riff and the 2 screams going at the same time, Oh my fucking!! I can actually here his vocals coming from the depths of hell, by his lungs I mean! So fucking heavy right there folks, just gets heavier and heavier as we go along. Than blasts into that soft part, PALE TOUCH!!! WOW PURE MASTERPIECE :headbang:

Well I think thats ten! And I still have a bunch more!! Well thats good enough for now folks, Another beautiful songs I cant live without and that are on this bonus list are-

WindowPane
In My Time Of need
Harvest
Still Day Beneath The Sun
Patterns In The Ivy II

And Some more heavy duties!!!
Deliverance!!
Serenity Painted Death!
In The Mist She Was Standing!

So Reply with ur top 10 fav chills those beautiful and evil songs give you folks!!! Love to hear about it

CANT WAIT FOR NEW ALBUM, OPETH GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME, Just got the O tattoed on my left arm, Your guys music is my life
Gods among Men!:headbang:

I can't fucking belive it. Would have written the same.

Ahhhh yes the chill moments...
theres way too many to say all of them but one of my favourites is in Karma, at about 0:57
the way that his clean voice just comes in like that and then sorta fades into a growl makes my skin crawl

also all of the ones that blackroseimmortalwaterpark said, awesome choices

My favorite Opeth moment is that exact moment in Karma... it is indeed powerfull

The Amen Corner - Acoustic part around 3:00 - I get freaking visions from that section.

The Leper Affinity - The outro groove into the piano ending is pretty much the most glorious ending to a song ever...aside from:

April Ethereal - The Outro - there's something so heroic about that ending riff.

White Cluster - solo - stunning.

Karma - 1:00 in the long "aahhhhhhh" into the growl. Definitely one of the most underrated and undermentioned Opeth songs on this board. (Can you tell I'm a MAYH fan?)

Moonlapse Vertigo - "I turn away my eyes"...

Ghost of Perdition - from the solo on is fantasmal. Opeth is the only band I know that makes brutal beautiful.

Drapery Falls - all of it. Really.

Bleak - not sure how far in, but after "Help me...leave you...as all the days are gone."...that section that builds and builds to a crescendo and then it plateaus into this gorgeous panorama up till "Devious movements..."

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Nice post.

The intro, and guitar harmonies after the intro of "Dirge for November", up till the growl lyrics start.

The first break of "Godheads Lament"

The intro to "Moonlapse Vertigo", probably one of the coolest intro pieces in any metal song, ever.

"We all left you alone"

The rhythm part under the first solo in "Heir Apparent"

Most of "Harlequin Forest"

The whispered "so there I was", the clean guitar melody, and the part immediately following that - "When"

Just off the top of my head.

Oh yeah.. the outro (and solos) of "A Fair Judgement".. stunning.

Theres hundreds of them If im not in the mood with some of them it dosn't always happen but with these lot is seems to be common

The last 3 minuets of deliverance actually happened after id heard the song for the 10th time the song began to fall into place and that ending seemed perfect

The piano at the end of the leper affinity oh and that riff that comes after the intro riff

The end of blackwater park

The chorus of Godheads lament

Demon of the fall "Run away Run away" god even think about that bit gives me the chills its so powerful

The Moor the bit were the intro fades out into that gorgeous acoustic part ahh I was in heaven

Wreath- I think it comes after the intro its the really evil sounding bit sorry I have'nt managed to put times to them :S

Drapery falls-The chorus ahhh ah ah ahhh ect and that bit at the end were the acoustic guitar is alternating with that heavy riff

The face of melinda and the end of benighted

Black Rose Immortal pretty much everything from "Eyes attach to your mute portrait We spoke only through thoughts"

The night and the silent water as well some of the softer sections are just jaw dropping :OMG:

The intro of masters apprentices- I also have the sudden urge to beat the crap out of someone which is pretty awesome :p

To Bid you farewell- Playing that song is actually even better than listening to which is saying alot one of the first Opeth songs I heard along with benighted

ahhh fuck this is getting to long shit i've missed out so many :confused: argh fuckeration.In fact I think just about all Opeth songs have the ability to give me "the chills" depending on my mood but these are the ones that have done last time I listened to them

Although the best moment would have to be the first time I heard Black rose immortal I didn't even know it was possible to feel that sensation from music ever since I've been getting it from other songs that I love that song has done something very strange to me and I'll always be thankful for it.