Problem with Porcelain Heart

Morningrise is far less "repetitive." You rarely hear a riff twice (two places in the progression) in a song.

Repetition is not always a bad thing either. It's not the repetition in PH that annoys me. It's just the riff itself.

lets take the first track, advent, for example: last 2 minutes is basically just one superboring riff with 2 chords being finger picked over and over and over and over and over again.

i love porcelain heart and it's good enough,there's no problem with any part. if you don't like,don't listen it and don't tell bad things about it!.in my opinion there's no need to discuss it!

there's no need to discuss it!

I never understand when people say things like this on a forum. The whole point is that if there's any disagreement (read: potential for discussion) then we have the ability to speak about it with others who share a common interest. If you don't want to listen to people disagreeing with you then don't bother with forums.

ok im reading this whole topic and from what i can see is...

agreed there are better songs, so what about it. opeth rarly have a song thats abit of a miss (well thats what i think anyway) so if this is their worst i wouldnt lose sleep over it :)

I'm with you on that. But calling someone a lesser fan because they like the newer stuff is just stupid.

true, but that doesnt mean ur more in touch with a band for feeling that way either and the reason why opeth changed is because they dont want to make the same album over and over cause its not musically or artisticly stimulating to do so. i like the eary stuff more but that doesnt mean im outta touch with what thier doing now :p :lol:

Wait, kid with 5 posts is calling someone a n00b?

not all fans hit forums with a vengance like you all so dont let a post count define how much of a fan someone is ;)

i love porcelain heart and it's good enough,there's no problem with any part. if you don't like,don't listen it and don't tell bad things about it!.in my opinion there's no need to discuss it!

Okay, so in this forum we only discuss things on which everyone agrees? That'd be a great forum, full of happiness and love

I never understand when people say things like this on a forum. The whole point is that if there's any disagreement (read: potential for discussion) then we have the ability to speak about it with others who share a common interest. If you don't want to listen to people disagreeing with you then don't bother with forums.

everyone can share his/her thoughts about it in a respectful way we're not here to discuss what we think.we're here to support them but if you insist to discuss it then, good luck...

sevimetal, shut the fuck up. "we're not here to discuss what we think"? are you retarded or smth

ph is a shit song, entirely too repetitive, has a chaotic drum part that doesn't even fit into the song at all, has horrid lyrics, has a fucking lullaby part for christ sakes and has that godawful riff from tgc. other than that, great song! eod.

everyone can share his/her thoughts about it in a respectful way we're not here to discuss what we think.we're here to support them but if you insist to discuss it then, good luck...

Hahaha this is so fucking retarded I'm not even going to bother refuting it

I hope you are joking, but seems like you are not..

Good luck to you, you will need it:erk:

sevimetal, shut the fuck up. "we're not here to discuss what we think"? are you retarded or smth

ph is a shit song, entirely too repetitive, has a chaotic drum part that doesn't even fit into the song at all, has horrid lyrics, has a fucking lullaby part for christ sakes and has that godawful riff from tgc. other than that, great song! eod.

wooow i'm really afraid,please don't hurt me :D

P.S: "we're not here to discuss what we think?'' i couldn't tell what i exactly wanted. i could be use wrong word so i was misunderstood.the thing that i want to tell is if we find problems with every songs,we aren't going anywhere.of course we discuss it but i wanted to say there's no need to argue about it just like we did.it just a song! all of their songs don't have to be perfect.

P.S: "we're not here to discuss what we think?'' i couldn't tell what i exactly wanted. i could be use wrong word so i was misunderstood.the thing that i want to tell is if we find problems with every songs,we aren't going anywhere.of course we discuss it but i wanted to say there's no need to argue about it just like we did.it just a song! all of their songs don't have to be perfect.

Discussion, at the very least, leaves room for good connotations. Arguing, on the other hand, rarely gets anywhere beyond two sides shouting insults at each other, especially on this forum (yes, I know haven't been here for long, but I feel that this is a point that's fairly easy to pick up on).

I like the first 30 seconds of PH coming out of the end of Burden, the AH AH AH AH AH AH BOOM! That's it. Watershed in general is a borderline chore to listen to imo.

"Porcelain Heart" used to be my big problem with the Watershed album. I love it now, though. Everything works pretty well, and finding what the lyrics are about also boosted my enjoyment of the song quite a bit.

"I went far away..." with the guitar part fading in is magnificent.