Worst part of any Opeth song?

synergy

tr00bie
Sep 2, 2003
Long Island
Visit site
What do you people think is the worst part in any Opeth song...it could be a fruity lyric, boring riff, or some piece of music that just seems completely out of place. My vote goes to the outro of A Fair Judgement - Such an amazing song and then it ends with that lame riff, but thats just my opinion. Sure this thread is negative, but I was bored :D

Hmm..the outro to AFJ is uhm..really not my cup of tea but it serves its purpose I guess.

how dare you question the perfection of opeth!! you will burn for all eternity for your sins against the enlightened ones!! :p

the spacey part in the middle of "under the weeping moon" is a little long for my taste

For some reason, I've always found the first 58 seconds of Karma quite boring. But then it goes *drums* *poom tchak* & *voice* *haaaaaaaa* & it's great :)
Also, the mellow part between the 2 main heavy ones in BWP (the song) is much too long.
There must be some other stuff for sure but I can't think of any right now.

cthulufhtagn said:
how dare you question the perfection of opeth!! you will burn for all eternity for your sins against the enlightened ones!! :p

the spacey part in the middle of "under the weeping moon" is a little long for my taste

Ahh man thats the best bit of the song

All of these bonus track demos that are tacked onto Opeth albums suck, but i cant think of a part of a song

there's that riff at 2:09 and 03:00 in deliverance that find a little boring. iT sounds really unispired compare to other songs riffs especially still life. And that riff comeback later with a solo to give at least another attention over that boring riff . And the intro riff could have been better too. That's my opinion. :hotjump:
But overall that song is ok.. one of my least favorite cause of those riffs. i enjoy this song starting at 4:40

The only song i really dislike is ending credit. the whole song

Cendre said:
For some reason, I've always found the first 58 seconds of Karma quite boring. But then it goes *drums* *poom tchak* & *voice* *haaaaaaaa* & it's great :)
Also, the mellow part between the 2 main heavy ones in BWP (the song) is much too long.
There must be some other stuff for sure but I can't think of any right now.
The purpose of the part in the middle of BWP is to lose yourself in the song.. its so mellow and that ebow part just adds to the atmosphere. I especially like that part when im trying to go to sleep.. its like you start going between being awake and dreaming. love it.

Ill agree with some of the deliverance parts, where some of the riffs are just very uninteresting.. where they use one chord and just chug on it. Its only purpose is to add to the songs heaviness (for lack of a better word, or actually for lack of a better degrading word), nothing else. um..

I think the moor is flawed because of the numerous repeats in the intro. When they played it live it kicked MUCH more ass. The studio version just isnt as good i suppose. A similar thing happens in masters apprentice, where even though the intro riff is cool, its repeated too much. The lame vocal rythyms to it dont help either. Before i started learning to play it, i hated that song.

I would go into the morningrise album, cause theres just a ton of stuff i dont like, but its mainly production and mikaels terrible growls that makes me skip it every time i listen to opeth.

I dont like the intro riff to wreath. The drum intro is so heavy, and the riff is good at first, but damnit mikael! stop repeating bad intro riffs!

I also find myself skipping the acoustic+guitar lead part right before the solo on forest of october. Its pretty cool, but too many repeats again.

I have alot of beef with some parts, but theres too many for me to name.

Although Demon of the Fall is one of my favourite opeth songs but I HATE the accoustic part at 3:55..... It's crap.

The rehearsal sessions at the end of the reissues i could do without, mainly because of the quality of the recordings but for a part of a song or something i dont like the way the end of closure on damnation just cuts off because its a really cool section of the song and it seems like they could have ended it a better way even just fading out or something.

Hejira_Omeed said:
The rehearsal sessions at the end of the reissues i could do without, mainly because of the quality of the recordings but for a part of a song or something i dont like the way the end of closure on damnation just cuts off because its a really cool section of the song and it seems like they could have ended it a better way even just fading out or something.

agreed the end of closure is annoying, ALSO the end of Serenity painted death i mean argh it just stops!

OpethNZ said:
agreed the end of closure is annoying, ALSO the end of Serenity painted death i mean argh it just stops!

:hotjump: ( off topic)if you don't like songs that cuts, do not listen to type o negative espacially the album october rust. its lke that almost in every songs! :hotjump: