Most insipring, evil, beautiful Opeth riffs...opinions?

I love all Opeth riffs,solos, but the begining of In mist she was standing , and the solo at the end of The Apostle in triumph are just awesome.

i'd have to say:
Evil: Beginning of Demon of the Fall (makes me want to break shit lol)
Beautiful: most of Damnation, and my fave opeth solo - quite a short one too - near the end of Deliverance (beautiful and brutal at the same time)
Inspirational: Master's Apprentice, the whole load of riffs are just pure brutality, makes me wanna play guitar :headbang:

but really, most stuff they've done is beutiful and inspirational to me..

:kickass:

The Baying Of The Hounds, the heavy part that starts after the mellow part when Mike sings "Beneath The Mire, Drowned In Sire" or something is the ultimate metal orgasm, although the synth sound that they layer onto the riff afterwards would've been better if it sounded more like a My Dying Bride synth (ominous and dark).

Opethian666 said:
The Baying Of The Hounds, the heavy part that starts after the mellow part when Mike sings "Beneath The Mire, Drowned In Sire" or something is the ultimate metal orgasm.

yep

blimey said:
you = opeth newb
I'm not an Opeth newb.

Instead of all the members on this forum, I think that "TGC" is a very good song!!! It's not my favorite song by Opeth, but the riffs in this song are so evil and that make this song so good.

But my favorite songs by Opeth are defenitely "Nectar" and "The Night and the Silent Water".

The deliverance riff goes round and round in my head for ages....i HAD to learn it on my guitar and i love playing it, its easy but heavy as fuck.

Last 2.5 mins of BWP are just mind blowing, epic and majestic.

Demon of the Fall, the starting riff AND the chorus.

I love the "boring" start of masters appren, its simple but again, heavy as fuck, whilst being controlled and contained and MENACING.

Serenity Painted Death goes without saying.

Leper Affinity starting riff is acers.

I think the part in In Mist She Was Standing with "Smiled at my preseeence, a black candle holds the only liiiiiight" is beautiful,evil+inspiring. Also 'Karma' is doesn't get enough credit and is one of my favorites.

DoAsISayNotAsIDo said:
i love the riffing in the end of demon of the fall, that runaway part.

thats why DOTF is one my fave opeth songs :)

serenity painted death has some nice riffs too

oh and prowlergrig, your sig is great :)