Best headbanging Opeth riffs?

aestusmaris@hotmail.com

The Devil's armpit
Jun 14, 2005
Göteborg, Sweden
What Opeth riffs always get your head rocking/foot tapping/hair flailing/moshing? Whatever you like to do when a great riffs playing, particularly if you're fueled by el boozo.

Suggestions to kick off proceedings:

Master's Apprentices: That intro gets me going from the get go

Serenity Painted Death: tThe whole 'Met the earth in silence...' part (you know what I'm talking about, fucking great!

April Ethereal: Well, basically the whole song get's me body poppin like it's a saturday night circa 1987 ('twould be a funny sight)

Nuk3m said:
The backing riff for the solo in Blackwater Park, it owns. Even if there was no solo id headbang like hell to that thing.

Its hard to headbang and watch Mike play the solo, but apart from that I agree 100%.

The intro to April Ethereal

The riff that pumps the hell out of me is the one in The Drapery Falls at 6:07 :headbang: . That for me is the best headbanging riff from Opeth.

Other good ones are...

The beginning riff of Deliverance.

The riff after the acoustic part in Demon of the Fall.

The riff after "Seven Milestones" in In the Mist She was Standing.

The screaming part before the solo in White Cluster. The backing riff for the solo in this song owns, too.

The first riff in The Funeral Portrait and the "enough of this" part in that song, too.

The first riff in By The Pain I See In Others.

The heavy parts in The Moor.

And definately the end of Closure on Lamentations.

Oh yeah and then some great slow-headbanging parts. One in the end of A Fair Judgement and one in the end of Black Rose Immortal.

This may seem weird but I'm sure some of you will know what I mean, but the riff in Closure post 'all sins undone' is a fine headrocker, you all know the one I'm on about, one of the best riffs off damnation.

Also worth mentioning in the headbanging stakes, the beginning to In the Mist She Was Standing', possibly one of the best song intros ever conceived, and damn fun to play on the geetar ('specially with drums, bass and another guitaro)

The riff in the intro to Blackwater Park where it goes acoustic for a measure or so then goes into the electric guitars. "CONFESSOR....."

In forest of october, I can't remember the time, but mikael plays then peter joins the riff, it's fucking great.
In BWP after the "UH" in the beggining.
The main riff of the funeral portrait.
In Karma, near the end, with all the screams and stuff.

and a lot more that I can't remember now....

The funeral portrait 3rd riff! it fucking slays!! thats the best opeth headbanging... if you dont believe me listen to it...