Most insipring, evil, beautiful Opeth riffs...opinions?

Raistlin Majere said:
now noticed, beneath the mire, the riffs between 4.14th and 4.45th seconds

Yes. Those harmonies are wicked. Kinda sound like an old Atari game though. lol. Or Super Castlevania on SNES.

I have been listening to Twilight is my Robe a lot lately, which has some mesmerizing riffs, such as the intro, the medieval riff after the intro when the song slows down, the part around 5:45 and 7:50, and all of the acoustic parts are beautiful as per every Opeth song.

This was an easy question for me.

White Cluster 1:47 This is forginvess so i know...

That`s pure evil and beauty. Maybe it`s becasue Martin Lopez drumming fukin rules to. :worship:

Epilogue has some of the most beautiful & tasty riffs I've heard.

For evil I have to go with the solo in BWP.

The slow part in Dirge for November is very emotional. Great stuff !

-Evil: Karma beginning (fucking brutal), Demon of the Fall main chant...DEMON OF THE FALL!!! The Leper Affinity's beginning, (Probably opeth's best album-starting songs.)
-Inspiring:Harvest's beginning. Just great all around...and The Grand Conjuration at around 6:30, when it turns to AMAZINGLY FUCKING AWESOME.
-Beautiful: The solo faint guitar in the middle of A Fair Judgement, Almost all songs on Damnation, and my favorite, Isolation Years. This is probably my favorite Opeth song and it is beyond beautiful. Incredible, short, and a perfect album closer. There's too many great parts in every single opeth song that gives them all a uniqueness. I love it. :)

Beautiful- Nectar 6:51
Inspiring-The Moor Intro part II
Evil- Dirge For November, The part where they're playing octaves

Saikpyro said:
The main riff that kicks in after 1.15 is GODLY!! I thinks its one of the best, most crunching stuff Opeth has ever done. The hole song rocks immensly and the outro of the song must be one of Opeths greatest moments. Im getting goosebumps now listening to it (And you are just like them all Stained by the names of fathers I'm greeting my downward fall Leaving the throes to others). OMG Opeth is simply the greatest band :hotjump:

TFP: A liquid gown that covers all
Your loathe turns endless
Opened mirage soothes your sense
Locked on the pinnacle
The best secret within
Like a derelict child
Heart burning for a stranger
Ascending to the meek
Flock round the liars in awe
Caked in the soil beneath
Fear me when we meet
Turn away in admiration
My firm grip round the nucleus of joy
Enough of this
You will leave me now
You will see it now
Perish at my hands

mmmmm:OMG:

+1

MOst beautiful - Face of Melinda, this is still my favorite song of all time.

Most Inspiring - the lepper affinity, errrrr the moor

Ruby Eyes said:
Yes. Those harmonies are wicked. Kinda sound like an old Atari game though. lol. Or Super Castlevania on SNES.
Funny, when I imagine åkerfeldt composing that, I always figure that he's done the allan holdsworth style atonal solos before, the heavy guitar riffs afterwards, and got confused..."Hm, what the hell should I put in here....ah, let's just make a generic acoustic riff :loco:" :lol: :p

All of Dirge for November, as well as that second riff in Moonlapse Vertigo, are stunningly beautiful.

Is it just me or does anyone else blow their load every time they listen to A Fair Judgement?

I also love the riff in the Amen Corner from about 3:15 to 5:30. Finally seeing & hearing this song live made me appreciate how great this part is.