fan feedback- john bush

thwipp said:
as a fan, i'd like to state for the record that i much prefer the band with john bush. maybe i'm in the minority but i think the 4 studio albums of original material they did with bush on vocals were the best stuff the band has ever done. very under-rated stuff. john seemed to diversify the band and the band stepped up their game at the same time, imo. they brought out the best in each other.

i also read an old interview with scott in a recent magazine reprint about how much belladonna and danny weren't team players, how their hearts weren't in it, etc. now scott has every right to change his mind and it's his band but i wonder what caused the 180?

as a fan, i'm disappointed. bush seems to be getting a bad deal- he more than kept this band afloat.i'm not interested in rehashing the past. the future looked brighter with bush in the band. i live in chicago and always see anthrax when they play here but i'll be taking a pass since bush is gone. it's not my band but as a fan, i still have a vote.

all this said, i still wish the band good will and the best of luck. i just hope they come to their senses and bring bush back before long.
:hotjump:

I totally agree with this post. at the end of the day the band can do what thay want. But I'll be voting with my money and not attending any of the 'Joey' gig's. As said on here before, bring back Bush by the end of the year and all is forgiven.

Schurl said:
Anthrax is a band from the Eighties, they are all about 40+ years old and it is only embarrassing if somebody like that tries to sound like a band that has just released its first album. Who would have been interested in Uriah Heep playing Thrash Metal? Stick to your roots, do what you´re best at - jumping on bandwagons usually doesn´t lead to success.

You honestly think We've Come For You All was embarrassing?????? That album is what the Anthrax sound has evolved into. I don't find it embarrassing to the band at all, and there are many who think it's their best release to date! And they CAN NOT pull off that sound with Joey on vocals, he just isn't capable of singing in that style.

Joey sucks, bush rocks. I would like to see Frank back in the band though.

Just remember people, we haven't heard shit on if John is officially done or not. Until something is said I'm just gonna look at this as a temporary thing. Hopefully, like the posts above say, Bush will be back in '06 or sooner. If not, then hopefully Armored Saint will get going again. I just can't see Anthrax throwing the last 13 years away, and I really can't see Belladonna pulling off any of the new stuff. I have faith that John will return, if he doesn't he'll turn up somewhere else. Scott said on Headbanger's Ball that Rob is doing some producing things right now and Bush is taking time to spend with his family, let's hope this is true and that they'll be back.

I have to say I'm a John Bush fan first, Anthrax second. If this is a summer tour, fine, let them have their kicks, but I'm not happy about it; I think its disrespectful to John and the least, and flat out backstabbing in a worst-case scenario. If the split turns out to be permanent (which I'm betting depends on whether the tour is profitable or not, which is why I'll vote with my wallet and skip this project), then my loyalty will stay with Bush. I prefer Anthrax Bush to Saint Bush, but I'll take what I can get.

I really hope Bush is just having a little holiday. I'll still go see the gig & I guess I will buy the DVD but I wont bother buying any Albumns they put out with Screech on it.

nafnikufesin said:
I have to say I'm a John Bush fan first, Anthrax second. If this is a summer tour, fine, let them have their kicks, but I'm not happy about it; I think its disrespectful to John and the least, and flat out backstabbing in a worst-case scenario. If the split turns out to be permanent (which I'm betting depends on whether the tour is profitable or not, which is why I'll vote with my wallet and skip this project), then my loyalty will stay with Bush. I prefer Anthrax Bush to Saint Bush, but I'll take what I can get.
Too damn right!
the optimistic side of me says that john wanted to be with his shiny new baby and said he wanted time off, and the guys considered this for their anniversary as a one off so it all fell naturally.
BUT if thats the case why not just tell us? what happened to the straight up 'Thrax that we know and love? it seems all the news is coming from MTV.
And is it true about new management? if so does that explain the new attitude on the web page?

I agree. Anthrax at donington would have been amazing with John. But how many HIM and velvet revolver fans are gonna be converted by no-testes' vocals?Such an awesome oppertunity...wasted.

johnnieCzech said:
let´s put it this way-
until Bush reunites with Anthrax, I ain´t gonna give them a fucking coin.

Amen!!!

This reunion thing is as lame/pathetic as calling an old girlfriend at 4am, dead drunk, to get laid after striking out at the local bar...

John, you're the one who got me seriously into Anthrax. I loved the music before ya, but that "Steve-Perry-wannabe" guy was a huge turn off. I remember hearing Only for the 1st time and litteraly falling on my ass. Enjoy your time with your daughter man, that's a real blessing!!!

I hope there is a new AS CD. I also think us fans who are upset over this moneygrubbing reunion, should start street teaming for the CD if it is made. Hopefully it will sell better than the joke band that is now known as Anthrax.

Listen, on Headbanger's Ball, the guys said that John was pushing the reunion himself, saying it was a good idea. So is he totally out? I hope not. But the question upon question as to why they decided to do a reunion is simple for two reasons:

-Fans saying "Man it would be great to see Anthrax with Joey again"
-MONEY

Yes fans, money. I am not saying that Anthrax is a bunch of moneygrubbers, but come on now. I have read too many interviews where Charlie or Scott said that their sales figures in the States were too low. And while we Anthrax fans that still post to the message board love John, there are hundreds of thousands of people who bought PoT & AtL that are still either resentful of Joey leaving or simply do not like the change in sound. People like consistency, not experimentation. And Anthrax did a very risky thing by changing singers and their sound slightly at the height of their career. It worked with SoWN, but then they kicked out Danny and released the more "hardcore"-sounding Stomp, and the flock fled.

Now that Anthrax has regained some exposure with the publicity of WCFYA, 9/11, and Scott being on every VH1 special, it makes sense to reform the 1st classic lineup. I personally do not think it would/should sustain beyond a tour and maybe one studio album for old times sake, but if it does, then good luck to them. I hope it would result in happy ears for us.

I just hope John Bush is not gone...

Firstly is John Bush on a break from the band or is he actually out of the band??
secondly this is what i wanted to post.
John Bush is the finest person in music i have ever had the honour of meeting. I meet him last year in May in Dublin along with the rest of the band and i can firmly say that Rob and John were the two nicest people i could ever hope to meet. They both stayed signing for a long time and John Bush even had the sense of humour to sign my chest (I'm a guy). I only joined this forum to tell people about my experience with John. He shook my hand and i told him how amazing i thought the gig was and even after over a decade in the band he still seemed to care and thanked me for coming out. I read the interview for Scott Ian about Dan Spitz and Joey Belladonna and i found it very strange the tour afterwards, either way i will go to the Dublin date just because. What Was The Point Of The Greater Of Two Evils If John Bush Then GETS KICKED!!
Bring back John because of his attitude to the fans if nothing else, he deserves nothing less.