Fangface and others not English first

Thanks a lot, Bryant. All the others, too. I'd never have expected this topic to be brought up. I don't know, for me it feels just natural to speak with you guys from all over the world. I really don't care that much about the origin of people. Might sound lame but it's true - it's what's in your heart and mind that matters.
But of course, I have problems with my sucky English, too. So I can relate to what Fangface said. But I've never been made fun of for it so I feel at home here. And our French friend's right - it's a good opportunity to learn. Especially because you learn about the language as it is spoken in daily life and not in some artificial simulations like in school. I mean, how often do you need words like non-biodegradable?

Greeno said:
Huh? Sarg is German?
Yep, I am. What did you think?

JonnyD said:
Yep hes very German and a school teacher
Well, not yet. So far I'm just a student. But I'm working on it.

DrillSergeant said:
But of course, I have problems with my sucky English, too. So I can relate to what Fangface said. But I've never been made fun of for it so I feel at home here. And our French friend's right - it's a good opportunity to learn. Especially because you learn about the language as it is spoken in daily life and not in some artificial simulations like in school. I mean, how often do you need words like non-biodegradable?
Your english is way better than mine dude, I couldn't imagine you had problems with it too.
The Internet is a good way to learn about the language indeed, but it depends on the forum... let's see what I learned on the internet so far.....

"their new album sucks monkey balls"
"KorN owns"
"I shit all over X or Y"
"you look like a dork"
"fuckin' douchebag"
"stick this one up your ass"

:lol:

Just kiddin' of course, more mature boards help a lot to learn useful and common sentences/expressions.

Hey thanks Bryant! :)

Personally I think my grammar sucks! Sometimes I want to say think a certain way and it comes out not quite as I intended. O well [Fleetwood Mac] I learn as I go.

DrillSergeant said:
Thanks a lot, Bryant. All the others, too. I'd never have expected this topic to be brought up. I don't know, for me it feels just natural to speak with you guys from all over the world. I really don't care that much about the origin of people. Might sound lame but it's true - it's what's in your heart and mind that matters.

I get a hell of a kick meeting people from overseas especially MetalHeads!

DrillSergeant said:
This may appear a bit off-topic in this thread, but as a soon(?)-to-be teacher, you might find some advice helpful, which you will find if you go to

http://swarmling.com/r/skole.htm

:D This is so cute/cool/hilarious I just had to post it! :)worship: Rødingen rules!:worship: - Or do I have to say "owns" nowadays?) There are even three animations on this page, but if you should use a pop-up stopper you´ll have to disable it first to see them - otherwise they will seem like "ordinary" photos.

Talking about animations, I think I´ve just seen one of the best/most fantastic cartoon/animation films at the cinema. A French-Belgian-Canadian co-production titled "Les Triplettes de Belleville/The Triplets of Belleville".
(@DrillSeargant: Der deutsche Titel lautet "Das große Rennen von Belleville".)

Sorry, I hope I haven´t just screwed up this thread.:)

let's see what I learned on the internet so far.....

"their new album sucks monkey balls"
"KorN owns"
"I shit all over X or Y"
"you look like a dork"
"fuckin' douchebag"
"stick this one up your ass"

:lol:

Ha ha ha that's fucking hilarious. I had to show my wife that one. She still problems occasionally understanding some American sayings.

Bryant

Hawk said:
Hey thanks Bryant! :)

Personally I think my grammar sucks! Sometimes I want to say think a certain way and it comes out not quite as I intended. O well [Fleetwood Mac] I learn as I go.
Hawk I thought you were an American in the military when I first met you and saw your avatar. I though to myself... "I didn't know we had a military base in The Netherlands." :err:

Bryant

Fangface said:
Hey thanks for your words my friend, although my english still sucks IMO and I always have to edit my posts because of the countless grammar/vocab mistakes.

Keep on writing good proper english folks, so that I/we can improve mine/ours ahah
I actually got the idea from oldschool's sister site, the tadMorose board. One poster was posting in Swedish and it made me realize though TM is a Swedish band, they are cool enough to have an English message board. A Swedish message board wouldn't do me any good. Of course I am sure you and JD will see a similar post over there on that board. :D

Bryant

Thanks Bryant :D

Now, who is the numbnuts who called me German?

I kill people for less than that :mad:

I'm 100 % born in LatinAmerica from the best pure Romanian/Ucranian blood (as far as I know my family origins), Rolando is my name and Spanish is my game :loco: (obviously English is not because my grammar sucks like Sylvia Saint)

Greeno said:
I think that numbnut would be me. :D Sorry.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Wyvern said:
Thanks Bryant :D

Now, who is the numbnuts who called me German?

I kill people for less than that :mad:
From a musician's standpoint that would be a compliment to me. Many of my fave bands and musicians are German, not that I haven't said that 23,421 times already but who's counting ? :loco:

Bryant

Fangface said:
Your english is way better than mine dude, I couldn't imagine you had problems with it too.
My English better than yours? Are you shitting me? I always feel like the forum's dork when I read your or Hawk's posts! It came quite a surprise when I found out that you are French.

DrillSergeant said:
My English better than yours? Are you shitting me? I always feel like the forum's dork when I read your or Hawk's posts! It came quite a surprise when I found out that you are French.
Feel like a dork when you read my posts?

Man, I feel stunted when I have to get a point across . I alway's think that your posts are to the point and compact. Sometimes I need to be so long winded to say what I want. LOL!!

Don't feel bad, by reading other peoples posts you can pick up new frases and ways to say things. I am learning every day that I am reading this forum. Besides, the people here are great! They are very supportive. You gotta love it here. Its almost like family :)

In the end it does not matter, as long as we are being understood. And remember, those on the other side of the great pond mostly know just one language ;) [no offence guys] So you are doing great! :headbang:

DrillSergeant

I see that your going to be a teacher. Will this be on a highschool level? And what will you be teaching? Have you already been teaching during your training?

Fangface said:
ahah ok let's say we're both the forum's dorks then ;)
You do know that you are one of the few Frenchman I have encountered on a English language forum? That on itself says enough I think. Remember the original Jag Panzer forum a few years back? Thats were I first read your posts and you were the first Frenchman I met on the net. That rhymes!! :)

Fangface said:
ahah ok let's say we're both the forum's dorks then ;)
Fine, count me in! :D

Hawk said:
Man, I feel stunted when I have to get a point across . I alway's think that your posts are to the point and compact.
Don't let my prof hear that! She'll rip you to shreds, ha ha ha. But I can relate to what you said about getting the message across with just a few words. Sometimes I could smack myself for not being able to keep it short. I always wonder who for God's sake would want to read all of my novels when other people can sum up the same topic within 3 lines. :D

DrillSergeant said:
Fine, count me in! :D

Don't let my prof hear that! She'll rip you to shreds, ha ha ha. But I can relate to what you said about getting the message across with just a few words. Sometimes I could smack myself for not being able to keep it short. I always wonder who for God's sake would want to read all of my novels when other people can sum up the same topic within 3 lines. :D
Yea I know how that feels. :)