Fangface and others not English first

Bryant said:
From a musician's standpoint that would be a compliment to me. Many of my fave bands and musicians are German, not that I haven't said that 23,421 times already but who's counting ? :loco:

Bryant
I understand that coming from Alabama, but when you come from Costa Rica you have more pride :p

(Is another joke Bryant, put the RPG down, down I said!)

Hawk said:
You do know that you are one of the few Frenchman I have encountered on a English language forum? That on itself says enough I think. Remember the original Jag Panzer forum a few years back? Thats were I first read your posts and you were the first Frenchman I met on the net. That rhymes!! :)
Yeah that forum was pretty cool, too bad it disapeared. And just like you I hardly ever meet froggy guys on english discussion boards...

DrillSergeant said:
I can relate to what you said about getting the message across with just a few words. Sometimes I could smack myself for not being able to keep it short. I always wonder who for God's sake would want to read all of my novels when other people can sum up the same topic within 3 lines. :D

Its not just because English is not your first language I find it really hard sometimes to make a point without rambling on and that's just on here where I can cut it down to the bare minimum pefore I post it. I'm terrible in spoken conversations I find myself going on and on and ... well you get the point. The funny thing is I can hear myself rambling on but just can't seem to stop. Maybe it is the English language is just not designed for summing things up quickly and not the people trying to speak it at all?

Wyvern said:
I understand that coming from Alabama, but when you come from Costa Rica you have more pride :p

(Is another joke Bryant, put the RPG down, down I said!)

Not a good joke my friend. I was born in Alabama and have never lived anywhere else though I have been everywhere. One day, the world will be the state of Alabama.

Bryant

Wicked Child said:
damn! Didn't realize how entertaining this shit is! You foreigners are crazy! :D
That is the whole point. Being crazy kept you from being insane.

@ Bryant: I didn't want to sound very yankee and insult you. Everyone here is a brother (or sister) ir arms. I'll never dare to insult you (even if you pic is ugly man) .

Again if you are so proud of being from Alabama, why do you want to be a German musician? :p

Home is where you eat, live, and have shelter, work and freedom. Now is USA, tomorrow my country, then who knows. This the third country in which I have lived, they all gave me a home in due time. And I respect them all.

Peace

P.S. Lynyrd Skynyrd is boring :heh: :wave:

Wyvern said:
That is the whole point. Being crazy kept you from being insane.

Again if you are so proud of being from Alabama, why do you want to be a German musician? :p
I don't want to be a German musician. I am very happy to be an American musician. I was simply making a joke. The top German players from the 70's - 80's like Schenker, Roth, Jabs and Hoffmann all helped create a style that was called "teutonic" (germanic) and it is a style that is unique to mostly Germans. I like that style of guitar but it is difficult for me to write like that. I attribute that to German culture since it is mostly Germans that sound like....... well Germans. I don't want to BE German, I just want to play guitar like one of the German greats.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I don't want to BE German, I just want to play guitar like one of the German greats.
Bryant
Who say you don't already? ;)

P.S. And don't dissapear again for so long from the forum, I thought I was insulted you too hard :erk:

Wyvern said:
Who say you don't already? ;)

P.S. And don't dissapear again for so long from the forum, I thought I was insulted you too hard :erk:

Ha ha ha I posted last night and the night before, but my time was a little limited last night. :Spin:

As far as sounding like those players, I certainly don't. I have been playing twenty years and I am proud of my skills, but I am not Wolf Hoffmann by any means. Another thread made me put in an old White Lion song "Lady of the Valley" and I can tell you I am not Vito Bratta either. Man that guy was a fucking MONSTER !! If White Lion wouldn't have put out shit albums after their first two, there is no telling just how good that guy could have been.

Bryant

Bryant said:
He did ? I didn't know that... :yell: :yell: :yell:

While I did like a few of their songs, I listened to WL mostyl because of Vito.

Bryant
Same here. I loved his clear sound. If you heard it you knew it was him.

Bryant said:
I have been playing twenty years and I am proud of my skills,

Bryant
I bet my cousin soul that you are as good as those guys. You maybe haven't had a break into stardom, but I'm sure you kick ass with the axe.

Never underestimate yourself, the sky is no longer the limit.

Wyvern said:
I bet my cousin soul that you are as good as those guys. You maybe haven't had a break into stardom, but I'm sure you kick ass with the axe.

Never underestimate yourself, the sky is no longer the limit.
Well I am a music fan and a musician, but I honestly don't want to be in the "normal" music business. I have a very low tolerance for putting up with bullshit and the American music business has a lot of bullshit in it.
I have cursed out plant managers at jobs I have worked at before because I don't believe people above me in the chain of command should be completely stupid and I have found that many are.
I excel at the things I do when I get experienced at it and I expect the people I work for to be the same. Maybe that is being too idealistic, but working for industries is bad enough, working for some record company would be impossible for me. I would end up being on the world news as I would go to the label headquarters and shoot the place up with a machine gun. :err:
I am an only child and an only grandson. I was raised believing the world revolves around me and the best scientists in the world still haven't proved to me that it doesn't. I want to have control of the things I do and music labels have the control to some degree. I can't tolerate that. The same thing applies to the law. I don't get into trouble with the law because I use the "golden rule" as my law. Some smart ass judge telling me to shut up in "his" courtroom would make me lose it, especially considering my tax dollars pay his fucking salary.
To sum up this long worthless post, I don't do well in any structured environment where I have people that act like assholes telling me what to do, when they couldn't do my job for all of the money in the world.

If I ever do write an album, I will certainly give it to all of my pals like you on UM, but most likely it will be an independent release.

Bryant