Fans of the Saturday Night Line up / Help

I listened to HammerFall's Chapter V album over the weekend and I think it kicks all sorts of ass! I believe I'd recommend someone starting at this album.
Their latest effort is a bit hit or miss with me so far.

~Brian~

Wow, really?
I think that is easily their worst.
Though different strokes for different folks.

I just don't think they will ever live up to LEGACY OF KINGS.

The only disc that comes close is their latest.

And I say that as a pretty big HammerFall fan.
Just not a band that blows you away with each release.

Wow, really?

Yep, I love that album.

I think that is easily their worst.
Though different strokes for different folks.

Why do you think it's their worst?

I just don't think they will ever live up to LEGACY OF KINGS.
The only disc that comes close is their latest.

Well, now that I've went back and listened to No Sacrifice, No Victory, it seems to me that they've followed the same formula as Chapter V. With that said, I have to take back my negative remarks about the new one.

And I say that as a pretty big HammerFall fan.
Just not a band that blows you away with each release.

No, they're not innovative, but a load of fun though. :kickass:

~Brian~

I dunno, just seems they lost a LOT of steam with Chapter V.
Both on disc, and live, that era was rather "meh"

I think they started bouncing back nicely with Threshold, and then again with the latest.

They REALLY REALLY need to stop doing covers though.
Their cover of MY SHARONA is vomit inducing.

Eh, the My Sharona cover has grown on me. I actually have their covers album, and some of the covers are really pretty good. But most are just sort off..."meh." But they do need to stop performing covers. It'd be nice if they'd stop writing ballads, too. The only ballad I really like is "Glory to the Brave" the rest are way too cheesy, even for me (and it's no secret that I love the cheese!)

I also have to disagree with Speedy about Joacim Cans' solo album. It's a pretty weak release, actually. There are some really fantastic, catchy songs on the album, but I wouldn't call the album angry or powerful. I like it, but maybe I expected too much, given the musician lineup Joacim had. However, this will not stop me from squealing in incoherent glee upon finally meeting him, and asking him to sign said album.

I'm gonna bring my HF boxed set, too! *fangirlspasm*

Been a big fan of Hammerfall for a while now. Got all their albums. I would definitely get the first 2 albums. Great start to their career. Their last album is very good. It seems more mature than their other efforts. The only album of theirs I did not like is Renegade. Thought the whole group sounded tired and worn down. Worst vocals by far by Cans. He seems disinterested in the material on that album. Crimson Thunder was a definite step up for me. Very catchy songs and the energy is back. It is the only album without hammer in one of the song titles. That is unfortunate. Chapter V and Threshold are good albums. I would just recommend the other 4 over them (Glory to the Brave, Legacy of Kings, Crimson Thunder, No Sacrifice, No Victory). I would also recommend Cans solo album "Beyond the Gates". An angry powerful album. Loved it.
Holy fucking shit! That is exactly the same things I would've said! You are now officially my new favorite person on the forum. Give yourself a hand!:headbang::kickass:

I actually like their version of "My Sharona." But I am a fan of the original song as well. I would agree that they need to stop making covers though. They even did a whole album of them (Masterpieces). By far my favorite cover they did was "Back To Back" (Pretty Maids) which was originally on Legacy of Kings.