KICK-OFF 2013 -- LINE-UP REVEALED!

I don't come to the PPUSA board very much anymore simply because of stuff like this.

This is a metal message board and mostly what we do is talk about metal, true enough. The fact is, NO ONE here likes every band out there. That is normal. However, most were are respectful of others enough to not go where you went.
You state people need reading compensation classes...... I don't personally see that, but I see you as someone who needs to learn what tact is. If you don't like the bands I think there is a more respectful way to say it. I don't think you would find it pleasing if someone said one of your favorite bands was "beyond horrible."

Bryant

Obviously you need the reading comprehension class, because you're in the same boat. "Reading compensation"? Good one. As you stated you obviously don't read this board because people on here say a lot worse about bands than I did (some bands I like), but I don't get bent (yeah, I was called an idiot, guess you missed that too). So much for being respectful. And since I don't post a lot here, you obviously prove I'm right about others being much worse, since you don't come here often anymore (it's not because of me). At least MattBrood didn't quite take things so seriously as you and others because someone doesn't like a band. Lighten up, Francis.

So much for being respectful. And since I don't post a lot here, you obviously prove I'm right about others being much worse, since you don't come here often anymore (it's not because of me). At least MattBrood didn't quite take things so seriously as you and others because someone doesn't like a band. Lighten up, Francis.

I didn't state that I don't come here often because of you. It is due to ridiculous negativity and bickering. It would be easy for me to start mud-slinging with you considering you managed to piss off half the people posting on this thread, but I am not here to argue/debate with you or anyone else for that matter. My days of arguing and getting upset on some message board are long, long gone. I pointed out that I think you should be a little more respectful to people and I stand by it. That is all I have to say.

Bryant

Bravo! Spoken like a true progsnob! When I first started attending the festival and joined the forum, I used to give prog a chance, but it's horse's ass comments like this and people like you who have ingrained in me a near hatred for the music and even the mention of the word "prog"because of individuals like you who try to shove it down our throats that prog is the be-all and end-all of music and everything else is trash. Nathan really put himself out for this show, was as excited as hell to give us the news and you shit all over it. It's one thing to say you don't like the bands, but to be an ignorant, pompous ass about it is bullshit beyond belief. Hopefully, I said what a few of you were thinking. If not, then fine. I stand alone.

EXACTLY...this is the one reason that full on prog will always take a back seat. As a avid fan of power metal I don't sit in judgment of prog bands...hell I love a lot of them. But this silly crap about making fun of power metal is as childish as what prog snobs claim power metal is.

Sooooo who's excited about the kick-off lineup? I definitely am!!!

It's the typical show where I definitely want to catch all bands, beginning to end..

It's the typical show where I definitely want to catch all bands, beginning to end..

I absolutely LOVE In the Silence, so I am looking forward to their performance. seeing CIIC perform "Wake" in it's entirety will be phenomenal, and Luca's Rhapsody promises to be an EPIC power metal extravaganza!! :headbang:

EXACTLY...this is the one reason that full on prog will always take a back seat. As a avid fan of power metal I don't sit in judgment of prog bands...hell I love a lot of them. But this silly crap about making fun of power metal is as childish as what prog snobs claim power metal is.

You just did exactly the same - calling prog fans for prog snobs.

Guess noone's perfect huh?

I'll be right there with you, Milton. As I said earlier in the thread, this is an eclectic lineup, with something for ALMOST everyone.

Just had another great email exchange with Mr. Luca Turilli and he is so stoked to play here next year! I don't want to sound like a parrot, broken iPod, etc., but this show is going to be one for the record books. The stuff being planned for this show is going to amaze you. Tickets on sale in just a couple of short weeks!

Just had another great email exchange with Mr. Luca Turilli and he is so stoked to play here next year! I don't want to sound like a parrot, broken iPod, etc., but this show is going to be one for the record books. The stuff being planned for this show is going to amaze you. Tickets on sale in just a couple of short weeks!
Hell, yes! "To the wind I will sing the tale of the king that reigned in peace and love..." My God, this show makes my mouth water!

Jinkies it got interesting here :) When I saw the cover of Wake, I almost pooed my pants for a sec, thinking it was Savatage! It's going to be so awesome, looking forward to it. I saw live footage of CIIC doing this set, and they pull it off amazingly. I have no doubt next year will be one of my fav concerts. Next to PP X, Agalloch a few months ago, and the recent Death to All tour :)

Well if Luca Turilli's first show is any indication, we are in for a major treat next year. Awesome mix of the new stuff, old Rhapsody classics, and Luca's solo material. I didn't want to post the setlist in case people didn't want spoilers but it looks like it is going to be something truly special.