Fast Metal

zhora

New Metal Member
Jan 3, 2004
lately i feel that all music is too simple and too slow. at the current moment the only track that really satisfies me in terms of speed is

Toi Doi - Sustentator // its psychedelic trance, not metal

and one satisfactory in terms of complexity is

Pleiadians - Moon in your Window // also psychedelic trance

as far as metal though, "The Berzerker" is very fast =) but with human performers speed comes at a price of simpler patterns ... i mean speed is good but it still has to be music ok ? =)

in any case, what would be some good fast metal =) ... although i personally think its about time humans gave up this ridiculous battle with computers for technicality, computer will win doh !

zhora said:
although i personally think its about time humans gave up this ridiculous battle with computers for technicality, computer will win doh !
Perhaps my understanding of electronic music is wrong, but I'm pretty sure there has to be a human involved :D

There is plenty of fast music around if you look for it, I'm not sure how fast we're talking here but I heard David Shankle Group the other day and I was fairly impressed with the speed of the solo in their single.

Jean-Pierre said:
Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal

Fast as fuck with about 40 riff changes per song without getting boring.
Though it's a hard one to listen to, your ears and brain can only take so much which is why I move forward a track or so at a time. What is it, 247 tiffs on the album?
Anyway, Darkness Descends is better but maybe not on topic.

Sorath said:
Though it's a hard one to listen to, your ears and brain can only take so much which is why I move forward a track or so at a time. What is it, 247 tiffs on the album?
Anyway, Darkness Descends is better but maybe not on topic.

Well, I figured since everyone is going a BM direction that I'd recommened some brutal fucking Thrash. The entire Dark Angel catalogue should satisfy his need for fast Metal. If not...

Sadus - Illusions - Brutal and Fast-as-fuck Thrash album with bass-heavy suffocating production.

There is a lot of good fast black metal and death metal:

Anaal Nathrakh
Mjolnir
Immortal (especially Battles in the North and Pure Holocaust)
Mater Tenebra
Angel Corpse
Regorge
Pyaemia
Disavowed
Severe Torture
Mortal Decay
Visceral Bleeing

Actually, if you want fast, most brutal death should satisfy your needs.

I could care less about how much speed or complexity a band has. I care if the band just tries to get their idea or emotion well.

I'd recommend Strapping Young Lad, Bifrost, and The Black Dahlia Murder. Not the fastest bands I could possibly list, but they do maintain a fairly decent speed without catering to speed only.