FastedDouble Bass Drums

Shining - Vemodets Arkitektur comes to mind. It's not faster but the speed is pretty much the same.

You can't really hear it that well in the beginning of this video though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitek of Decapitated is(was :/ ) my favourite double-bass-drummer. check "spheres of madness", awesome guitar riff in that one too.
else than that, Meshuggas new "hit" Bleed has the most awesome double bass ever.

by the way, I listened to the youtube link while typing, I didn't read the title of it, then I suddenly heard "Förbannade jävla h*ra". it cracked me up.

Mayhem - Dark Night of the Soul

Not sure how this compares to Shining - Vemodets Arkitektur (awesome song btw), but the double bass is fast as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Derek Roddy has some quick ass feet as well, to be honest, I have never personally been a fan of any of the bands hes been in, but he posts plenty of videos on YouTube of his drumming.

opening of the gates wasn't even played that way by sandoval. it was originally triplet 16ths @ 285bpm, trey changed it in the studio later to straight 16ths @ 285bpm.

db's "chosen legacy" and mayhem's "anti" have upwards of like 270bpm double bass runs.

tbh speed isn't everything, that's why the run-of-the-mill fast double bass guy like tim waterson isn't in a band, while a guy like hellhammer or sandoval is.