Fastest Guitarist Ever

How can you end up with such a conclusion? Then 20 years ago people would say "Anything faster than Malmsteen Fastest solo deteriorates the sound" . Who knows they will not be overwhelmed? ;)

For me, Romeo's speed (which is amazing) is enough to enjoy :) I don't want more speed... (But that's just my taste)

fallen2289 said:
Anything faster than Romeo's fastest solo speed just deteriorates the sound. I honestly hate Cooley, Fareri, and this guy, but it is still shocking to see.
Luis said:
One of the smartest lines i have read on this forum
Well said :headbang:

EDIT: Anything faster than Michael Angelo´s fastest solo speed just deteriorates the sound
I agree with the first one. Michael Angelo's speed already almost deteriorates the sound.

I completely disagree with that statement. Anything faster than romeo's fastest solo speed? That's just a silly statement to me.

I have to say that i've heard quite a few impressively emotional solos from romeo. By the same token, i find a lot of his more neoclassical stuff to be rather emotionless in a way, but i think the speed for the sake of speed and playing noodly and all work with those songs. An "emotional" part wouldn't fit the songs, and that's just how it comes off to me, that's how i choose to receive it. Not saying it's the be all, end all, i'm just calling it as i see's it.

RobbM said:
check out this thread on the Shawn Lane forum, some guy totally ripped his video apart and figured out at most he plays at 20 nps...

http://donniebshawn.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?p=30647#30647

lol, one kid posted

pawel said:
I can chnge 45 lightblubs a second!!!!!!!!!!!! 45lbps!!!!!!!!!

I can change them with more emotion!!!11one

An "emotional" part wouldn't fit the songs,

Yes, for some licks, no emotion is better. One, might want just a blindingly fast riff with no emotion to demonstriaght a "fury" type of feeling.

Pharoah said:
Musically, it sucks? Personally, I would rather get excited over one screaming guitar note that has substance and elegance to it, than listen to any musician who is insanely fast but sucks musically. That's just my view, for whatever it's worth to anyone. I'm all for music that doesn't suck, and there's enough of that around. I've found that many guitarists lose the emotion when speed becomes a priority to impress, and it all become technical and calculated. The wow factor quickly becomes boring and irrelevant. :rolleyes:
my thoughts precisely. & Alex Lifeson is amazing.

Kenneth R. said:
my thoughts precisely. & Alex Lifeson is amazing.
Wow, my brain just stopped working for a minute and I actually had to think about who Alex Lifeson is. Now that I've figured it out, I'm going to kill myself for not knowing that immediately... But before I do, I agree that Alex Lifeson is amazing. Now I need to listen to Rush due to what just happened in my head. :erk: