Fav. Black Metal album

The best album in my opinion has 2 b Marduk's " Heaven shall burn when we r gathered" Sheer brutality:mad:

Vlad Tepes/Belketre Split "March To The Black Holocaust" would have to be my favourite black metal album at the moment.

Also, im not saying anything about being "true" but people saying that their favourite black metal albums are Dissection, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, DHG?
Dissection say they are death metal (or they say they play "the metal of death") and i have to agree with them on that.
DB, COF are a bunch of sell out goth fags and they are mentioned in a thread that opens with "What´s your favourite (True) Black Metal album", that is fucked.
Zyklon-death metal
DHG-electro fag metal, definately could not be called "true" or underground
Type O Negative-hardly even metal let alone BM

So far i have seen nothing but typical replies.
Does any one even know any underground BM bands, like bands that arent from norway and arent signed to labels like Moonfag?

Originally posted by gorgrael
So far i have seen nothing but typical replies.
Does any one even know any underground BM bands, like bands that arent from norway and arent signed to labels like Moonfag?

So, are people not allowed to like Mayhem, Emperor, Satyricon etc... because other people also like them?? The reason bands like this get brought up are because they ARE good, and alot of people really DO like them. The question, as you pointed out, was "Favourite BM album", not "what's the most obscure BM album you can name so you can prove how underground you are" :headbang:

Lighten up. Yes, I can name some 'underground' (I assume you mean unsigned and/or not-international-distribution bands, don't tell me the above mentioned bands aren't 'underground') bands, but they are from NZ, noone else knows them, and they suck (there's a reason some bands are not heard of.....;) ). What's Moonfog ever done to hurt anyone, other than make some music more accessable?

I didnt say what people are and aren't allowed to listen to, i said they are typical.
its like "my favourite album is |insert well known norwegian band and album title here|"

Also im not trying to prove how "underground" "hardcore" "true" i am. that is for people into nu-metal.
i shall quote an interview:

-
Why do think that so many black metal bands make "Trueness" such a big issue, and is that a concern of yours?

Akhenaton: The whole idiotic idea of trueness is totally irrelevant, immature, and largely a notion with deep roots in often neurotic insecurity. The ones who are the most outspoken on the issue of "trueness" usually are the most unconfident when it comes to their own emotions. In addition, these same morons will suck the corporate dick of larger labels to achieve their little rock star fantasies. Who is true? Burzum? We all know Count Grishnacht in the (terrible) death metal-wanna-be band Old Funeral. Is Emperor true? From that band hails members of the death metal bands Embrionic and Thou Shalt Suffer. How about Venom, or Bathory? Well, both of those bands now admit "it was all an act" and laugh at their quasi-satanic past.

"Trueness" is a way for a band to mask a lack of talent.
-

"(there's a reason some bands are not heard of..... )"
one of those reasons would be people are more interested in throwing their money at Nuclear Blast bands, the type of bands that go "hey, we are expected to release another album soon so we should set aside the next month and write the album" instead of bands that write songs and play because they enjoy it and dont see it as a way to make money or dont write albums because they are expected to.
i would prefer to support bands who deserve it rather than supporting bands like "we can get more attention and money if we sign to EMI" Satyricon.

also i dont mean "Does any one even know any underground BM bands, go find out some and come back and try to prove me wrong".

Can you give me the names of some new-zealand bands? cause so far ive only heard of one NZ band Eternal Damnation but i havent had the chance to hear them.

Gorgrael: your points seem fair enough to me now :)

Originally posted by gorgrael
Can you give me the names of some new-zealand bands? cause so far ive only heard of one NZ band Eternal Damnation but i havent had the chance to hear them.

"From the Dark" released an album a while back (it was actually in alot of the local record stores, which was surprising!).
There are a couple more, but the names escape me at this moment (I can picture the cd covers in my head, but not the name. I'll have a look in my local shop, see if I can find them. There's one really obvious one I should know :err: )

Just remembered, the band I knew about was Beltane *kicks self in head*. They have samples on MP3.com. For a good NZ site (well, actually it's not that good, but it has some info), go here:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Club/4780/

(this also has the Beltane link).

Best source is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MetalNewZealand

You'll need to join, but go to the bookmarks section, there are links to a lot of metal bands sites. It's the best source I've been able to find.

I have to agree with the lot that you are.. :)
Dimmu Borgir's Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is just goddamn amazing.

"True" black metal? What's that? AFAIK, "tru eevil" guys are supposed to worship Satan, cut themselves silly and that sort of shit... I mean, who truly right in his mind would do that silly wankers' stuff? Nah, ditch the "true", it's relative after all, like everything else.

I actually don´t care about the word "True" but I was trying to make a difference between the beginning (underground production, no keyboards) and the new black bands!:D

Cheers

Originally posted by Eddy
You'll probably kill me but what the heck...

Cradle Of Filth - Midian.

Is it me or are they just a show for the kids nowadays???

Oh yeah fav black metal album(s):
Borknagar - Borknagar
Dissection - Storm Of The Lights Bane

Thank you for giving credit to Venom, though I think At War With Satan was a li'l bit better...These new school northern European boys can't touch 'em...but if I had to vote on any recent stuff, I'd say IX Equlibrium.