fav saxon song?

Thats a tough one alright! Maybe you should of asked favourite song of each album!

Anyway for now im gonna say "Sea of Life" from Metalhead, but it is an impossible choice...In 8 minutes 11 seconds time it will be something else!!

Lizzie - yeah, this is a tough one! Like Valanx said, a fave track off each album may be just about possible!
But, for so many reasons, I will have to go for 'Never Surrender' if I had to choose!

So many awesome songs but I think my ultimate alltime favourite would have to be And The Bands Played On, closely followed by Dallas 1pm, Lionheart, 747, Denim and Leather and Wheels of Steel. And I'm quite fond of Princess of the Night as well. Rock n roll!!!!

Too many to choose from,i love loads from old (Frozen Rainbow)to new ones (Searching for Atlantis)i could easily fill 2 cds with favourites and more.Far too difficult to choose one.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
So many awesome songs but I think my ultimate alltime favourite would have to be And The Bands Played On, closely followed by Dallas 1pm, Lionheart, 747, Denim and Leather and Wheels of Steel. And I'm quite fond of Princess of the Night as well. Rock n roll!!!!

Yeah!! and title of this thread was favourite 7 saxon songs eh ? lol

the videos for Denim and Leather and Princess of the Night used to run on MTV when it first started... that was my first exposure to Saxon and those songs are still favorites of mine but I also have a personal affinity for The Great White Buffalo which I think is one of their best political songs...

-Imp

Impenitent said:
but I also have a personal affinity for The Great White Buffalo which I think is one of their best political songs...

-Imp

To me a long time to like that tune, its great, pretty deep!

Matrattz - 'Hungry Years' is very overlooked. And I agree on the guitar - "laid back" is a lovely way of describing it! In fact, the 'Strong Arm' album always seems to be overlooked, yet everyone likes it!
"Great White Buffalow" - an original choice Impenitent, Mate! The track does provide a nice difference on the 'Dogs' album. Like Valanx said, it is definately a 'grower' for the listener.

Saxon is my all time favorite band so this tough. I will go with my favorite song off my favorite Saxon cd "To Hell and Back Again" off of Strong Arm of the Law. It is Paul Quinns favorite song also, has anyone ever heard a live version of this song. they never play it live for some reason. Also, I do a metal show that plays saxon regularly along with death metal, black metal, thrash metal, true metal and classic 80's metal. Tune in monday night at www.wqna.org for 2 hours of nothing but metal. Every monday night we tear it up. Praise Saxon and metal.