Favorite album cover art

36397950010_7455081c15_b.jpg

Reactions: zerostatic
^Some great choices man!

I love this one. Simple, minimalistic yet eerily captivating. Extremely stern landscape, the beauty of loneliness and nomadic winter.
cover.php

Last edited:
10 of my favourite metal cover pieces this year:

10. Pretty sure this was painted by Torch, the guy behind this "band" who is currently serving life in a New Mexico prison. It just catches my eye for some reason.
3.jpg

9. It's not necessarily distinctive, and Juanjo Castellano does too many fucking pieces per year, but I really like this one. Big 90's vibes.12.jpg

8. Yes it's goofy and cheesy, and the attempt to capture his neck turning a full 360 doesn't quite work, but it's barbaric and Aghy R. Purakusuma rules. Actually I preferred his painting they used for their "Crushing Wheel" single but I tried to stick to full releases. 9.jpg

7. It's artwork by Matt "Putrid" Carr which of course immediately reminds me of Razorback's glory days. 14.jpg

6. Weirdo shit from Ian Miller (yeah the Lovecraft/Tolkien guy) who did all those incredible pieces for Ulthar. Pandemic appropriate.7.jpg

5. Sparse yet simultaneously detailed. Very creepy and gross, lots of atmosphere. It's by Chase, the guitarist of Mortiferum.10.jpg

4. Apparently it's by a guy named James McCarthy and it's his only credit on M-A. Anyways it's a crazy psychedelic mess with insane details and fully fits the mood of the record.11.jpg

3. A very demented piece by Brad Moore, a cult legend who painted things like the Morpheus Descends debut and all the Argus albums. You could stare at this one for ages and still not fully absorb it all. Looks pestilent as fuck. 13.jpg

2. Utterly fucking infernal piece by Alexander Gjerdevik Skjøtt. How has he not done more!?4.jpg

1. Maybe a divisive one but I love the style. There's a faint Robert Balser (Heavy Metal) influence going on, but also a big Albert Cuellar (Hell Awaits) vibe. Also a gigantic vagina. Vincent Helmkamp rules.1.jpg

10 of my favourite metal cover pieces this year:

10. Pretty sure this was painted by Torch, the guy behind this "band" who is currently serving life in a New Mexico prison. It just catches my eye for some reason.
View attachment 32258

9. It's not necessarily distinctive, and Juanjo Castellano does too many fucking pieces per year, but I really like this one. Big 90's vibes.View attachment 32266

8. Yes it's goofy and cheesy, and the attempt to capture his neck turning a full 360 doesn't quite work, but it's barbaric and Aghy R. Purakusuma rules. Actually I preferred his painting they used for their "Crushing Wheel" single but I tried to stick to full releases. View attachment 32261

7. It's artwork by Matt "Putrid" Carr which of course immediately reminds me of Razorback's glory days. View attachment 32265

6. Weirdo shit from Ian Miller (yeah the Lovecraft/Tolkien guy) who did all those incredible pieces for Ulthar. Pandemic appropriate.View attachment 32260

5. Sparse yet simultaneously detailed. Very creepy and gross, lots of atmosphere. It's by Chase, the guitarist of Mortiferum.View attachment 32262

4. Apparently it's by a guy named James McCarthy and it's his only credit on M-A. Anyways it's a crazy psychedelic mess with insane details and fully fits the mood of the record.View attachment 32263

3. A very demented piece by Brad Moore, a cult legend who painted things like the Morpheus Descends debut and all the Argus albums. You could stare at this one for ages and still not fully absorb it all. Looks pestilent as fuck. View attachment 32264

2. Utterly fucking infernal piece by Alexander Gjerdevik Skjøtt. How has he not done more!?View attachment 32259

1. Maybe a divisive one but I love the style. There's a faint Robert Balser (Heavy Metal) influence going on, but also a big Albert Cuellar (Hell Awaits) vibe. Also a gigantic vagina. Vincent Helmkamp rules.View attachment 32257

love 6 and 2. think i’ll have a rummage later and come up with a list.

edit: looking on a bigger screen and 3 fucking rules as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG