Votes: 6 3.4%
  • ghost reveries

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • the roundhouse tapes

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • watershed

Votes: 11 6.2%

• Total voters
Maybe he called it My Arms Your Horse so that no one would dare admitting they would've had sex with the album.

Bad one, I know. My vote goes to Morningrise.

I know it just came out, but I really like Watershed's cover, it's got the same bleak, mysterious feel to it that all the other covers do, but the image is just a lot more striking than the others. At least that's what I think.

Well its MorningRise all the way cause that covers sums up opeth dark woods near a damp old abandoned bridge. Although I just saw that creepy women in MAYH cover thats fucking sick but Morningrise still takes it for best cover period.

WOW! There is a woman on MAYH cover!! Thats makes it official. MAYH is my favorite album cover. Wow, that is so damn cool.

ohh,it is really heard question.i sweated a lot...shitttt:lol:...all of them have got their own style.ummm.... i voted to ghost reveries because i like the gothic and lost atmosphere in this cover.but i like watershed,blackwater park too :///

I think they're all lazy, uninteresting album covers. Boring, maybe even cliched. And they mean nothing to me. Album covers rarely have any impact on me, and none when it comes to the quality of the music.

I think they're all lazy, uninteresting album covers. Boring, maybe even cliched. And they mean nothing to me. Album covers rarely have any impact on me, and none when it comes to the quality of the music.

I think Opeth has always had nice covers, only one I don't understand is the cover of MAYH, it's too black metal for Opeth but it somehow fits the ghost theme, maybe. The Morningrise cover is of course a classic but Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries are also magnificent. They're not lazy covers, they're atmospheric.

They are lazy. A black and white photograph of a bridge in England is lazy. An unedited photograph of a flower is lazy. Pictures of bereaved women in murky "atmosphere"s are cliched and lazy, and boring, and predictable, same as a picture of Fenriz up a tree or some forest is boring for any black metal album. The artwork for Deliverance and Damnation in particular is appalling. Opeth are my favourite band but their artwork is just boring. It's metal artwork by numbers.

They are lazy. A black and white photograph of a bridge in England is lazy. An unedited photograph of a flower is lazy. Pictures of bereaved women in murky "atmosphere"s are cliched and lazy, and boring, and predictable, same as a picture of Fenriz up a tree or some forest is boring for any black metal album. The artwork for Deliverance and Damnation in particular is appalling. Opeth are my favourite band but their artwork is just boring. It's metal artwork by numbers.

Are you kidding me? A unedited photograph of a flower is lazy? It's natural, and nature plays a big part in Opeth's music. What did you expect, flames coming out of it?

As for the bridge.. calling it lazy is like saying a horror movie needs gore to be scary. The point is that Opeth aren't trying to produce something eery, but rather realise that you can find that eeriness in everyday things if you just look hard enough.

Personally I yearn for something different from the styles of Molly Hatchet when it comes to OpethArt.