Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Butchered At Birth

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Tomb Of The Mutilated

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • The Bleeding

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
I'm torn really. Tomb of the Mutilated is the best album there really, but Barnes might be the one thing that hinders it. The Bleeding is actually fucking cool and his vocals are awesome (the Pickaxe Murders!)
And Eaten Back to Life, if released by any other band at the time would be an overlooked gem, but with CC, it doesnt get any respect it deserves for being a devastating osdm album.

I suppose I'll go with Tomb of the Mutilated for being the ear drum bludgeoning that it is.

Also, The Wretched Spawn is a great album and seriously overlooked in Cannibal Corpse's discography.

Will be standing at my local fye on the 13th to get the new album. (which is honestly my quickest way)

Tomb, really. I mean, c'mon. It's THE Barnes-era CC album. The vox on Hammer Smashed Face are one of those things that eeeeeeeveryone remembers where they were when they heard it. When that blew up on Ace Ventura I was just in awe.

That said, I'd easily rank the last three Fisher-era albums (Kill, Evisceration Plague, Torture) over Tomb.

Tomb of the Mutilated, easily. Barnes is honestly one of the worst vocalists in death metal, but that's probably the one where he shits on everything the least.

I also voted Tomb, but am surprised to see that only one person has voted for any of the other albums so far. I like all four of the albums, and the debut would probably be my least favorite, but it definitely has some classic material. The Bleeding is good, but it gets old faster than the other three Barnes albums. I would probably say Butchered is the second best of the first four.
With that said, Vile is their absolute best album.

Tomb of the Mutilated, easily. Barnes is honestly one of the worst vocalists in death metal, but that's probably the one where he shits on everything the least.
He isn't the strongest Death Metal vocalist, but his style fits Tomb Of The Mutilated pretty well. It sounds disgusting and vile like the lyrics and music are. It's also very raw. I didn't like the vocals at first, but over time I grew to like them. If I recall, Alex Webster stated that Chris' vocals were overdubbed when they recorded Eaten Back To Life and Butchered at birth, which explains the stronger sound compared to Tomb.. or the Bleeding.

Butchered At Birth. Meat Hook Sodomy,Vomit The Soul. First four CC albums are solid old school DM. I don't think they really set any standard for DM or anything. BAT and Tomb are pretty brutal and gory for the time so they probably influenced a lot of newer Brutal Death Metal bands.

I'm torn really. Tomb of the Mutilated is the best album there really, but Barnes might be the one thing that hinders it. The Bleeding is actually fucking cool and his vocals are awesome (the Pickaxe Murders!)
And Eaten Back to Life, if released by any other band at the time would be an overlooked gem, but with CC, it doesnt get any respect it deserves for being a devastating osdm album.

I suppose I'll go with Tomb of the Mutilated for being the ear drum bludgeoning that it is.

Also, The Wretched Spawn is a great album and seriously overlooked in Cannibal Corpse's discography.

Will be standing at my local fye on the 13th to get the new album. (which is honestly my quickest way)

I agree with everything said here. The Wretched Spawn actually is my second favorite CC album.

The new release is alright, though certainly a lesser version of the formula brought to the table with both The Wretched Spawn and Kill.

I like that they slow things down on the new one. I'm one of those maniacs that thought Festering in the Crypt was an awesome track, so I'm definitely down with Scourge of Iron and the like.

Festering in the crypt is an awesome song. Some of the slower DM songs are heavier...God Of Emptiness for example.

A-yup. Heaviness is about composition, not a specific tempo. You can be brutally heavy at a snail's pace or breakneck speed, and you can be soft as a pillow in both situations. All depends on how it's written. And fucking hell I love both God of Emptiness and Festering. Fisher's vox in the latter case just make it incredible.

Back to Barnes. I'm sorry, but he was never an especially great vocalist. On ONE album he nailed it, but before and after it he sounded weak and flat. I'm not a CC fanboy, although I do like 'em, and frankly I think Barnes had the better "character" of a death metal frontman, but every time I hear anything he did aside from Tomb I wince a little.