• Quintessence

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • The Wonder

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
I'm quite curious about this? My favorite is The Wonder, it' such a powerful song and his vocal lines are so passionate! Very, very hard choice for me though, every song on this album is utterly magnificent IMO.

wow man
what a difficult question this is.
I voted for Traveller
but The Wonder is also quite good (just as the rest of the album, except for The Inner Ocean Hypothesis)

Netin said:
wow man
what a difficult question this is.
I voted for Traveller
but The Wonder is also quite good (just as the rest of the album, except for The Inner Ocean Hypothesis)

Didn't like Inner Ocean? That's interesting. That's the song that got me into the album! It's cool that we can have totally opposite opinions of a song, and still come to the agreement that the album is awesome! :D

karpsmom: you like it? I thought you had good taste for music :)
hehe just kidding, but we both agree the whole album is great anyway ;)

well, because vintersorg wrotte its lyric, so it's really gay!

Ok, maybe it's not that ^^ I don't know the answer for it.

haha, I love his lyrics! Scientific and romantic at the same time! Vintersorg writes many of Borknagar's lyrics though. Did you mean because he wrote the music? Because that is the one song he wrote the music to for Borknagar.

'till now only you voted for "the wonder" huh...:p

I guess I'd vote on it if I could choose 2 songs ^^

Quintessence for me... I like the other songs but a lot of them seem to have sections that may not be intended as filler material but sound like it, or have too much repetition to be my favourite. The Wonder is another favourite, along with Traveller. Songs not written by Oystein like The Weight of Wind and The Inner Ocean Hypothesis are refreshing change-ups in the album too, I love that guitar solo at the end of The Weight of Wind...

Future Reminiscence probably by the way it blows me away leaving me windswept for the rest of the album.

Though I would vote for Quintessence simply for the title.