Favorite Growl-along?

Krigloch-Official UM D&D Nerd said:
yep, its not easy. I hate when people say... "this sucks, he is just growling" when they cant come close to doing it.

Same goes with the people that diss power and such for the "ball-less" highs etc. While growling still is relatively easy, those highs are hard as hell. Ever tried to cover Avantasia - The Seven Angels without making a total ass of yourself? :Spin:

Mikael Åkerfeldt sure as hell isn't overrated. Though you can't just nominate him the one dominating vocalist, as he might not come even close to singing cleans like some other great vocalists, he sure as hell is one hell of an expert in his area of expertise.

ithirion said:
Mikael Åkerfeldt sure as hell isn't overrated. Though you can't just nominate him the one dominating vocalist, as he might not come even close to singing cleans like some other great vocalists, he sure as hell is one hell of an expert in his area of expertise.

He is a great clean vocalist, but that isnt his main focus.

ithirion said:
Same goes with the people that diss power and such for the "ball-less" highs etc. While growling still is relatively easy, those highs are hard as hell. Ever tried to cover Avantasia - The Seven Angels without making a total ass of yourself? :Spin:

I can sing all of that very easily.

I have a 0% chance of singing any death metal song.

Children of Bodom are fun to sing to, even though you don't know the lyrics. Just make sort of 'yow-yow-ya-yow' sort of noises and it sounds pretty much the same .. Does anyone growl along to Anaal Nathrakh? Or Internal Bleeding by Obituary?

audiophileguy said:
Incorrigible Bigotry
whole album
YES!

I especially like growling along to that part in Flogging the Cargo where he growls:
THE SOBS OF THE DEFEATED BECAME A PAINFUL ROAR
LONGING FOR A PAINLESS DEATH BECAME THEIR VISION OF HEAVEN

The chorus of Hereditary Taint is also great to growl along too (Cavernous pits open wide.....),

ithirion said:

i dont think anyone would claim that that takes no talent it just sounds stupid regardless

Life Sucks said:
The chorus of Hereditary Taint is also great to growl along too (Cavernous pits open wide.....),

aww hell yea, although you are probably actually fantasizing about gassing jews when you sing it so thats kinda scary

Amon Amarth - Bastards of A Lying Breed : We'll crack your fuckin' teeth and feed you with your twisted tongue until you cannot breathe!!!

Dark Tranquillity - Tongues

Hypocrisy - Fearless