Favorite live band/show?

jackson3124

Aug 29, 2005
www.darkmirroronline.com
This might have already been a past thread, but Im new to posting here, so what is everyone's favorite live band and live show they have been too?

I think Pantera is one of my favorite live bands to listen to just cause they sounded so badass live, but my favorite concert was definitely Anthrax supporting dio on the recent masters of the moon tour! Although I was pissed I had fuckin backstage passes to meet dio and then he was fuckin sick and had to leave. I heard he always stayed after to meet his fans too, but he was really sick and put on a badass show so I dont blame the man! Did get to meet rudy sarzo he is a very cool laid back guy.

My favorite concert is either Iron Maiden in L.A. for Dance of Death cause I was so close and met so many cool people from the maiden boards and, had a great time in Cali or, Suicidial/Danzig/Metallica in Chicago. Mike Muir fell on the way to the stage and did his set from a couch and still rocked hard. Danzig was awesome and joined Metallica at the end for some Misfits tunes. Plus i got to meet Jason Newsted after the show and he was super cool to me. I was totally in the wrong backstage area but , he let me hang out and told security to leave me alone. It's to hard to say which was better.

Fave band is Anthrax. My fave time seeing them was last year with Bush when they played with Soilwork and Killswitch Engagae here. Shame they only did a short set. Also in 1990 on the POT tour was very special - my first ever concert!!!

Other fave concerts over the years have been Metallica 93, Foo Fighters 98, Opeth 04, Living Colour (92?), Skunk Anansie (97), and there's a ton more.....

1985 - Iron Maiden with Twisted Sister - Powerslave Tour nite #2 recorded show for Live After Death in Long Beach Arena
1985- Iron Maiden with WASP - Last show of Powerslave Tour - Irvine Meadows
1992 - Anthrax with Public Enenmy, Primus and YBT - Irvine Meadows - recorded Live the Island Years stuff
1986? - Motorhead with WOW and Megadeth - 10th Anniversay Tour Santa Monica Civic
1985 - Mettalica and Armored Saint - Ride the Lightning tour Hollywood Palladium
1987 - Anthrax with Metal Church - ATL Corona Beer Gardens
1994 - Anthrax and Fight - Ragin Bull Tour - Hollywood Palladium
1986? - English Dogs with DI and Wasted Youth - Fenders Ballroom Long Beach
1987 - Exodus and the Dayglo Abortions - Fenders Ballroom Long Beach
1985 - Great White - Suvive 85 tour - Fenders Ballroom Long Beach
1990 - Great White, Tesla and KIX - Irvine Meadows
1988 - Mettallica with Queensryche - AJFA Tour Long Beach Arena

These were a few good ones.

among_the_dead said:
theres nothing like seeing slayer live hands down.
belladonna anthrax is second.
suprisingly aerosmith is excellent live also.

Saw Aerosmith twice. Get A Grip tour - very good. Nine Lives tour - crap.
I have always enjoyed Anthrax live much more than Slayer.

DarbysDad said:
1985 - Iron Maiden with Twisted Sister - Powerslave Tour nite #2 recorded show for Live After Death in Long Beach Arena
1985- Iron Maiden with WASP - Last show of Powerslave Tour - Irvine Meadows
1992 - Anthrax with Public Enenmy, Primus and YBT - Irvine Meadows - recorded Live the Island Years stuff
1986? - Motorhead with WOW and Megadeth - 10th Anniversay Tour Santa Monica Civic
1985 - Mettalica and Armored Saint - Ride the Lightning tour Hollywood Palladium
1987 - Anthrax with Metal Church - ATL Corona Beer Gardens
1994 - Anthrax and Fight - Ragin Bull Tour - Hollywood Palladium
1986? - English Dogs with DI and Wasted Youth - Fenders Ballroom Long Beach
1987 - Exodus and the Dayglo Abortions - Fenders Ballroom Long Beach
1985 - Great White - Suvive 85 tour - Fenders Ballroom Long Beach
1990 - Great White, Tesla and KIX - Irvine Meadows
1988 - Mettallica with Queensryche - AJFA Tour Long Beach Arena

These were a few good ones.

Wow, either you have a really good memory or you have these written down in your wallet next to the picture of the wife and kids. ;)

I suck at remember what tour these bands were on (except the recent ones) but here goes:

Anhrax at Sayerville is my favorite.
The entire Gigantour experience is a very close second.
Anthrax at the Roseland in the mid 90s and the Birch Hill in 98.
Motley Crue Reunion Tour at Madison Square Garden in March
Pantera at the Roseland
White Zombie in '98 at the Roseland
Metallica whenever I saw them

Favorite "show" - older KISS shows
2nd place - Cooper

Favorite band - Anthrax is high energy
- Bowie is a pro
- REO Speedwagon was exteremely musical
- an old Detroit band called The Rockets. One hell of a concert,
saw them many times.

Megadeth - earlier this May at QBH in Melbourne. Just absolutely amazing. Everything was perfect - 2+ hours of pure DavoDeth ripping it out. Great stuff.

Followed closely by Anthrax on the POT tour back in 91 at Thebby in Adelaide when I was younger, thinner and dumber.

among_the_dead said:
theres nothing like seeing slayer live hands down.
belladonna anthrax is second.
suprisingly aerosmith is excellent live also.

Maybe I saw them when they had a bad day, Araya was the only one who didn´t look unhappy to be there.

Sick Of It All are pretty solid live. Entombed and Cardigans(!) are also good.

The worst gigs I´ve seen was Paradise Lost (I´m sad to say, but they are known to suck live), Bloodhound Gang, Limp Bizkit and Raging Speedhorn. And that british band that I never remember the name of... not Feeder... not Coldplay... Sterephonics, fucking horrible band.

Arg_Hamster said:
The worst gigs I´ve seen was Paradise Lost (I´m sad to say, but they are known to suck live)

Paradise Lost have good and bad days. I've seen them a couple of times.

Anthrax w/Exodus,Celtic Frost-1st Headbangers Ball Tour
Anthrax w/Exodus,Helloween-2nd Headbangers Ball Tour
Slayer w/Biohazard,Machine Head
Slayer w/Testament
Fight-at the Limelight
Pantera-at Roseland w/Clutch
Helmet w/Quicksand,Orange 9mm
Madball w/Hatebreed,All out War,1 King down
Pantera w/White Zombie
Pantera w/Anthrax
Metallica w/Danzig,Suicidal Tendancies
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: