Favorite live band?

KillerB

Heaven Piercer
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Maiden is by far the best band I have ever seen live. Even though they're all in their 50s, they still keep running around stage like a bunch of monkeys and have fun. They were awesome with every singer they had. Di'Anno, Dickinson, Blaze. It didn't matter. They still did a great job with whoever was in the lineup at the time. I don't think any band comes close to them. Except maybe Pantera and Exodus.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Butterfly Effect

I can vouch for them too. Seen live 6 times. Never disappoint. Always amazing. That gig we both went to at HQ a year or two ago was fricking amazing.

Arena bands though you can't go past Maiden. God like perfection.

Ashley Simpson is awesome live. Her voice is spot on... like listening to a studio recording.

Best live shows I have ever ever seen is definitely Iron Maiden. They take it to another level every time. Not just the sound, but the energy of the audience, the vibe, everything is just magical.

But I have seen some bands that have been amazing live

Slayer - Nothing crazy stage show but just brutal and evil everytime!
Testament (in a club)
Anthrax (POT era)
Down
Pantera
Cannibal Corpse (Chris Barnes Era)
Suffocation
Alice Cooper
Cold
Soulfly
Sepultura
Morbid Angel

For the raw energy, my two favorites are Sick of it All and Madball.

But some of the best live shows I've seen are of course Anthrax (in 2003 with Bush, deal with it), Voivod (my favorite band of all time), Kiss (cheesy but in a good way), AC/DC (Angus is insane), Prong, Sepultura, Dropkick Murphys...

Of all the bands I've seen, my favourite is probably Def Leppard. I think that's the one I was the drunkest at too. They played all of the first side of High N Dry, fucking kicked ass big time.

I remember being blown away by Sacred Reich and Atrophy but that was the first gig I ever went to.

I didn't forget Death, but Def Leppard, first time I saw them, were better even than Death were when I saw them! Seriously, call them hair metal or whatever, I had an awesome night at that gig.

Of all the bands I've seen, my favourite is probably Def Leppard. I think that's the one I was the drunkest at too. They played all of the first side of High N Dry, fucking kicked ass big time.

I remember being blown away by Sacred Reich and Atrophy but that was the first gig I ever went to.

Saw def in hysteria era,it Fucking rocked

Don't have one favorite, but some memorable concerts I've been to are

Abysmal Grief - Metal Magic Festival '09
The Gathering - Roskilde Festival '97
Iron Maiden - Roskilde Festival '00
Grandaddy - Århus, Denmark '05?
D.A.D. - Århus, Denmark '05 or '06
Candlemass - Wacken '09?
Saturnus - Brutal Assault '07
Arcturus - Copenhagen '??
Iced Earth - Copenhagen 2/14/2002
Opeth - London '05
Anthrax - Wacken '03

I didn't forget Death, but Def Leppard, first time I saw them, were better even than Death were when I saw them! Seriously, call them hair metal or whatever, I had an awesome night at that gig.

Saw Def Lep 2 years ago and they put on a fantastic show.

Forgot to mention also that Muse & U2 were also both utterly amazing live - not metal I know but still fantastic shows.