Black Sabbath (All eras)
Ozzy (with Randy)
Old Sepultura
Old Metallica
Old Slayer

And throw in some Overkill, Exodus and Kreator cause I'm in a thrashy mood :D

There's soooo many more I wanna put in but I'll stop there :loco:

No-Mercy said:
nice... i was surprised not to see dio as much, or rainbow...my 2nd favorite. :headbang:

hey anybody else here like tony martin sabbath era more than ozzy??

If it wasn't for "Forbidden" I may :D

Hawk said:
So how are you liking Rush? What album did you get?
Well I've just picked up Farewell to Kings, 2112 and Hemispheres. I am totally blown away.
Sure, i know their 'hits', but I never realized how GODLY this band is!

I've since picked up Moving Pictures, Signals, Grace Under Pressure and the one with Freewill (cant recall the name). Literally each of these is AWESOME, as well!!

So, I finally grabbed some of their recent stuff: Test for Echo, Vapor Trails and Roll the Bones. All amazing stuff. Test and Vapor are amazing!

Quite simply, I've fallen in love with everything I've heard of Rush (except for Power Windows, which I borrowed from a friend - it's pretty cheesy).

"Cyngus X-1" and "Cygnus Book II" are AMAZING!

SoundMaster said:
Well I've just picked up Farewell to Kings, 2112 and Hemispheres. I am totally blown away.
Sure, i know their 'hits', but I never realized how GODLY this band is!

I've since picked up Moving Pictures, Signals, Grace Under Pressure and the one with Freewill (cant recall the name). Literally each of these is AWESOME, as well!!

So, I finally grabbed some of their recent stuff: Test for Echo, Vapor Trails and Roll the Bones. All amazing stuff. Test and Vapor are amazing!

Quite simply, I've fallen in love with everything I've heard of Rush (except for Power Windows, which I borrowed from a friend - it's pretty cheesy).

"Cyngus X-1" and "Cygnus Book II" are AMAZING!

Thats good to hear! Good that Geddy's high voice does not bother you :)
The one with free will is "Permanent Waves". Its opens with "The Spirit of Radio". If possible try to listen to "Power Windows". After "A Farewell To Kings" its one of their strongest albums, but it most of the time being overshadowed by "Moving Pictures" and the more populair albums!

Enjoy dude! :D

Maiden, Sabbath, Saxon....but in truth, above them all, I love those two first Mercyful Fate albums. So, I'd have to say...

Mercyful Fate

Wicked Child said:
Throw in Queensryche, circa 1983-1994 in there as well.

For some reason when someone calls QR oldschool it makes me feel really old. Dunno why them and not some others.

If Fear Of God´s "Within The Veil" counts as "old school", I´ll say Fear Of God. Otherwise I´d go with delize and pick Coroner.

Black Sabbath
Pagan Altar
Budgie
Iron Maiden
Pentagram
Bodkin
Captain Beyond
Led Zeppelin
November
Dust
Saint Vitus
Irish Coffee
Leafhound
Sir Lord Baltimore
Witchfinder General
Brocas Helm
Manilla Road
Megadeth
Metallica

...the list goes on

I thought this was suppose to be your favorite? Not a list of your favorites? Pick one people!!!! It's easy to list a bunch of bands...narrow it down to one.

Burkhard said:
If Fear Of God´s "Within The Veil" counts as "old school", I´ll say Fear Of God.

Wow, theres a killer album I haven't listened to in far too long. Probably the only example of Doom-Thrash I can think of.
Well, that and Troubles "Psalm 9"

Break Zero said:
Wow, theres a killer album I haven't listened to in far too long. Probably the only example of Doom-Thrash I can think of.
Well, that and Troubles "Psalm 9"

I won't consider "Psalm 9" doom/thrash. It's more like doom/stoner, which is why I never got interested much in pursuing Trouble albums.

I love Trouble! They are pobably in my top ten to fifteen bands. The self-titled and 'Manic Frustration' are simply awesome IMO.

I still Love OVERKILL have for 13 years ... they were giving me some thinly veiled SHIT on the Brainstorm board because I have the band name OVERKILL tattooed on my arm ... like tommorow I am going to wake up and hate them and regret it! the mild insinuating that I am some kind of dolt who didnt think it out kinda pissed me off! what do they take me for some fuckin stupid kid? ugh that just bothers me ... fucking judge me without knowing me, fucking tell me in a thinly vield way ofcourse that I shouldnt have done it and blah blah blah FUCK THAT I am proud of it and they can suck my wang! ... sorry bout the rant guys I needed it!

Disclaimer:this really is nothing more than a Overtired slightly Overstressed Overdefensive rant and no actual harm was meant to the folks over there :wave: but atleast it had something to do with My Favorite Oldschool band!!!:D

kittybeast said:
You tell 'em johnny D!!! I have the scorpions logo (red scorpion) on my leg and will never regret it! I'll show you mine if you show me yours?! :D

hahaha atleast I was civil in there I coulda trolled em! but since I like Brainstorm I couldnt do it I had to be nice :dopey: ..... ofcourse Here and now or at the show? hahaha cause Hell I like showing it off hehehe
OVERTAT2.jpg

:headbang: :headbang: OVERKILL:headbang: :headbang: