Favorite Band

DethAddict

MegaDeth is the Geatest
Apr 13, 2005
NorthDakota
Hey, Just wondering what everyones favorite band is here. Since i'm new I wish to know what cd's are usally in your player, or just your top 3 bands. My top 3 would have to be, of course :worship: Megadeth :worship:, Iron Maiden, and Static X

Good idea. My favorite bands are:

1) Nevermore
2) Symphony x
3) Children of Bodom

Welcome to the forum. You must be droogie's bud, right?

1 Bathory
2 Dark Angel
3 Mayhem

Bathory is the best band ever
Dark Angel only released KILLER stuff, Darkness Descends being one of my top albums ever
Mayhem gets the place for releasing THE best album ever. They died with Euronymous.
Early Metallica could take Mayhem's or Dark Angel's place but not tonight for some reason.

EDIT: Why the HELL aren't Kreator there?? damn the booze!!
My Audioscrobbler says
1. Bathory
2. Kreator
3. Iron Maiden

Hawk said:
Good idea. My favorite bands are:

1) Nevermore
2) Symphony x
3) Children of Bodom

Welcome to the forum. You must be droogie's bud, right?

Yes, That would be me. Thank you guys for shareing some of your tastes with me, I will be sure to give them a listen. Maiden and Static X are on my fav's because I really dont know much about the bands you guys are talking about, and I want to learn more.

DethAddict said:
Yes, That would be me. Thank you guys for shareing some of your tastes with me, I will be sure to give them a listen. Maiden and Static X are on my fav's because I really dont know much about the bands you guys are talking about, and I want to learn more.

I would say thats the best attitude a metal head can have. I am 47 and I have been listening to Hard-Rock/Metal for 29 years and in essence I share that attitude. I hope to discover a great new band every day :)

I am sure others here feel the same.

Well... since I am a girl... my fav is RICKY MARTIN! Living La vida loca! :tickled: Hey, I am South American.. I like to dance OK? :Smug:

OK, seriously... first off welcome to the forum! Second... agreed w/Hawk... I am always in search for new "fav" bands as well.. and 3rd but NOT least... some of my favs:

1.IRON MAIDEN
2.Bon Jovi
3.Danzig
4.Alice Cooper
5.Symphorce/Brainstorm

As far as metal is concerned:

1. Atrox (with Monika Edvardsen on vocals)
2. Fear Of God (well, actually it´s just their album "Within The Veil")
followed in no particular order by
Madder Mortem
Coroner
Voivod
Anacrusis
Nightwish
Dreams Of Sanity
Nemesea

(If I had also included non-metal bands/artists, this list would look different!)

INFLAMES!!!!
Killswitch Engage
Soilwork
Hammerfall
Amon Amarth
CHildren Of Bodom
Sonata Arctica
Cradle Of Filth
NightRage
At The Gates
Running Wild

Black Sabbath
Virgin Steele
Iced Earth
Symphony X
Hammerfall
Opeth
Megadeth
Dio / Rainbow
Warlord / Loridan Guard

...always subject to change!

Pabla said:
Well... since I am a girl... my fav is RICKY MARTIN! Living La vida loca! :tickled: Hey, I am South American.. I like to dance OK? :Smug:

Aquí matamos gente por menos que eso :p Sudamericana?

I cannot take and number favorite bands, my point is that if I have an album in my collection is because I like the band, so every album is a favorite otherwise I would not have it.

But if I had to close to bands that I die for because of their meaning in my metal development (self-taught like Hawk mentioned), they'll be:

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Thin Lizzy
Saxon
Rush
Baron Rojo
Deep Purple
Rainbow
Helloween
Motorhead
Yngwie Malmsteen
Metallica
Megadeth
Nazareth
Hammerfall
Cathedral

and I better cut here or I'll quote all :Spin:

P.S Favorites of the month: Force Of Evil, Warlock, Doomshine, Seventh One

More Old school:
#1 Savatage - have been listening to them 20+ years and they still are my fav
Dream Theater - not really old school but older
Megadeth
Slayer
Trouble
Flotsam and Jetsam
Testament
Anthrax

Newer stuff:
Tad Morose
Pagans Mind
Brainstorm
Into Eternity

I'm seeing Megadeth tomorrow night in Melbourne :) Should be fun.

My favourite band of all time, without a doubt, as everybody would have to know here by now...

KISS!!!!!!!

Next three would possibly be:

Ratt
Alice Cooper
Vinnie Vincent Invasion

Thank you all for the posts to my topic, I can see that this a quite a commuinity here. If any of you wish to see my introduceing thread its on the "Introduce you're self" forum, haha go figure

Top three? Well, the first two are easy:

#1 Savatage
#2 Ayreon

From there it's tough to call.

I'm an old guy like Hawk and I grew up on 70's Priest, Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult.

Other faves of mine are:

Early Fates Warning (with John Arch)
Warlord
Orphaned Land
Therion
Cage
Astral Doors
Tad Morose
Nightwish
Lefay
Evergrey
Mob Rules

Welcome aboard! wow, 3 huh?! Impossible but I'll keep it short
SCORPIONS
Iron Maiden
King Crimson
lately ruling all: :wave:
Symphorce
Brainstorm
Tad Morose
Masterplan

The Mighty One and Only VAN FUCKING HALEN!!!!!! That means that David Lee Roth is on vocals and not Sammy Hagar...I like Van Hagar but I learned a few years ago that nothing and no band holds a candle to Dave, Ed, Mike and Al.

KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me and Trixxi Trash may be the only KISS army soldiers in here.

MOTLEY CRUE

those are my top 3...here are the other 7 to round out my top ten:

Social Distortion
Johnny Cash
The Ramones
Lyle Lovett
Metallica
Ted Nugent
Ozzy/Sabbath
Motorhead

Those are my top ten of all time...but there are sooooo many more!