Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Party

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Death

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Science

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i've always had a place in my heart for anti-religious lyrics but my favorite is all about the downfall of man and the pieces of shit pulling us down (also my band's theme). and no, it's not political though if it were, it would be interesting being one of the few republican/conservative bands

any sort of lyrical theme can be good or bad if done right or wrong.
also, there's a strong degree of overlap. for example religious (which would be better put as "anti-religious") lyrics almost always fall into the category of hatred as well.

I like good fantasy lyrics. Not just dragons and shit, but whatever - medieval lyrics (which technically aren't fantasy) and so on. Not just in power metal, but in all sorts of stuff.

any sort of lyrical theme can be good or bad if done right or wrong.
also, there's a strong degree of overlap. for example religious (which would be better put as "anti-religious") lyrics almost always fall into the category of hatred as well.

I like good fantasy lyrics. Not just dragons and shit, but whatever - medieval lyrics (which technically aren't fantasy) and so on. Not just in power metal, but in all sorts of stuff.

i like some fantasy lyrics about mytholoy.

and about anti-religious lyrics, this is a specific hatred, cuz you can hate some kind of human behaviour, like agathocles that hates people whom kills animals.

so, hatred is more ample

I prefer the lyrical themes to match the overall atmosphere and style of the music. That being said, I typically regard old school black/death lyrics as my favorite.

Shoulda been a multiple choice poll. And I still don't quite like the choices. Good lyrics are varied and don't just stick to one theme, but for generic lyrics, I prefer generic gore/satanism/death/torture/pain/rape/whatever lyrics.

I like lyrics about hateful satanic dragon presidents dying from alchohol poisoning at a party for scientists.

I prefer real life lyrics. I also like a lot of fantasy themed stuff. But lyrics that tend to have a true meaning, and mean something are my favorite. Whether it's political, about war, the Earth dying from pollution, things religion has done, or something about history.

Depends on the music but right now I'm kinda into fantasy, historical, religious. Often makes for epic lyrics and I like epic music. :p
Self experiance can be good too and is often quite emotional. I like most kinds of lyrics though as long as they are good and fits the music.

If I had to pick a favorite lyrical style, it would probably be surreal lyrics. Generally the more ambiguous/open-to-interpretation the lyrics are, the better. I voted fantasy, since that's the closest thing.

Political and hateful lyrics are my utterly least favorite. They're generally highly moronic and immature.