Favorite Metal Singer

Valofvalhalla

Cessation Of Life
Mar 28, 2002
www.cessationoflife.com
I'm working on a project. I know that these singers have their own unique style and that specialize in their own form of metal. You can put them in order or catagorize them to suit yourself. Or, you can add one yourself. :O

Chuck Billy
Bruck Dickinson
Rob Halford
Ripper Owens
James Hetfield
Glen Benton
Shane Embury
Ozzy Osbourne
Tom Araya

My #1 always is Chuck Billy..awesome all around metal voice...love it, love him!!

For the clean vocal catagory definetly;

Warrel Dane & Geoff Tate

I love most of the singers everyone else here does- but isnt it odd that most are chosen not so much for their vocal abilities- i mean lets face it Chuck Billy cant sing as well as Geoff Tate- yet I love Chuck Billy's singing- I think it is emotion, and feel of the song. I didnt like Chuck on the ritual- he sounds the same on every song, although on return to serenity he is godly.

I actually have to add the singer for Vio-lence- as the worst thrash metal singer ever.

A serious addition though- I love the death metal screaching of Tomas Lundberg in At the Gates- The Crown- I also really love Vorph from Samael. And Garm from Arcturus Ulver and countless others

Chuck sings as well as Geoff....it's just two totally different styles...Don't be dissin' on my Chuck...( I know you weren't just thought I'd throw that in) HA!

Originally posted by Testament Legions
Hey Val,

Are you writing a book?

No, I wish I had that ability. I love to write. It's just that I was thinking how lucky we are to have such a vast array of vocal talent. I love Chuck's voice. Also, I have to admit that I like to see where I stand when I think of my favorite singer. I just wondered who had the same taste as I do. Plus, it helps for the paper that I'm helping someone else write. :)

Dave Mustaine
James Hetfield
Chuck Billy
Warrel Dane
Bruce Dickinson (unless he's overusing that vibrato thing, which he often does)
The dude from Carcass

...and he may not be metal, but you have to admit that Chris Cornell has an awesome voice
Also, they never got signed to a major label and they're broken up now, but the guys from CARV (CARV.com) are awesome...two singers and they were both awesome at what they did. Check out the sound clips and see for yourself.