Favorite ND song

ha, one of the first things I posted on this board was a thread like this. Well, I can't pick ONE favorite song, I like different songs for different reasons. BUT a few of my favorites are swallowed by the moon, autumn reflections, dark world burden, rain, the novella reservoir and Eulogy for the living lost.

Almost impossible to answer, given the varying eras of the band and music stylings represented.

If you were to make me pick one, it would be "Silent Tomorrow"

I live in east Canada and i have never met even one person who knows about ND but everyone i show ND to says its amazing. Our music stores dont carry any of there Albums. Its one of my fav bands of all time and i have no idea what other people view as the best ND songs. I love lost in a day the most just becuz its the one song i wish i would have written i relate to it word for word. But i do agree its hard to pick just one. So anyways if people just want to talk about why they like certain songs i would be stoked.

I have mentioned this many times in the past.
The whole Pale Haunt Departure album is what made me a true "fan" of the band. Some here will say I am "fanatical" about ND, which is fine.

TPHD came out when my oldest daughter was a few months old.
Songs like "Autumn Reflection" and "Swallowed By The Moon" meant more to me than almost any other metal song I have ever heard. For the first time, I felt from listening to a song, "Wow, someone wrote a song that captures all these thoughts and emotions I have which I have never been able to successfully express myself"

I know this will sound corny and cheesy, esp to those here who aren't parents, but you know what?????????? F*CK YOU! Ha!

I feel the exact same way about both those songs. I am not a parent but i am an uncle and i am damn close to my niece and she did so much for me just by coming into this life.

To me Twilight innocence really hits home when he says "think back to those dreams to remember me". it really scares me to think that one day i wont be there for her. But that whole song is pure emotional godlyness.

Paul is my God! Songs like SBTM must be so hard to write just for the huge emotional punch it packs.

I remember being so into "leaving this" but it would drain me. The song is sad but uplifting at the same time. I texted my GF to listen to that song and she called me crying thinking i wanted to kill myself.

And dont worry i am also a fanatic and it feels good.

I looked for a long time but i couldnt get it in Canada.

You can buy it here
http://www.novembersdoom.com/shop.html

or
NOVEMBERS DOOM : THE WAYFARING CHRONICLES - iPHONE APP NOW AVAILABLE

NDBookicon.gif

"Novembers Doom : The Wayfaring Chronicles" was released in print as a lyrical explanation book by front man Paul Kuhr. Always looking for original avenues to promote the band, this book has been turned into an application for the iPhone and iPod touch.

This app contains a CD synopsis, lyrics, lyric explanations, artwork, and photos from all 7 full length releases. Links are also provided to the iTunes store to purchase the CDs. This re creation of the printed version, includes the newest CD "Into Night's Requiem Infernal" not included in print. A unique app and a must have for any fan of the band.

Using this concept to deliver the material to the fans, means only purchasing the app one time, and all future updates will be free, adding new chapters as new music is released.

The App is only $2.99 and available right now!

iTunes Link

IMG_0631.PNG
IMG_0630.PNG

DAMN IT!!! I NEED APHOTIC!!! AND DECONSTRUCTION!!! AND WOODS !!!!! AND THE NEW OPETH!!!! AND ABOUT A MILLION OTHER ALBUMS COMING OUT THIS YEAR!!!!

anyway, back on topic, a little about my favorite ND tunes: I love autumn reflections because it got me into the band, I love the raw emotion of swallowed by the moon, dark world burden I felt a personal connection to, rain is just HEAVY! the novella reservoir because of the AMAZING guitar solo and Eulogy for the living lost is just a cool and unusual song.

Glad to hear you like that solo in Novella Reservoir, that's probably my favorite solo I've done so far. I still have to tab it out for people too, heh. Very very soon you guys might be seeing some YouTube videos of myself, and Vito, demonstrating how to play some of these tunes. We've procrastinated for a while now on this but we're finally getting it together.

Alot of people really love "Swallowed By The Moon" it seems. We haven't played it since the cd came out. Maybe we can rectify that sometime.......

Another great song is "i hurt those i adore". It just has such a great feel. And the drumming in the outro is so amazing just so smooth and well...perfect. And i dont know if it was on purpose but around the 4:20 mark when paul says "never once did you LISTEN!" there seems to be so much emphasis on the listen and it really gets the message across and it makes me feel wonderful!

Iv said it many times but i just love INRI so much. Maybe not as flashy as previous albums but damn smooooth. Its just the perfect blend of NDism.

"Empathy's greed" is another one thats amazing. I thinks it has my favorite ND chorus. Everything about it is perfect. I love how the last couple bars of the chorus the kicks go double speed. And the bridge of that song with the super smooth lead is just amazing. Plus any song that says "become the lie in a moment of truth" should be known as perfect.

And "The fifth day of March" is another great song. I love the part around the 3 minute mark when paul starts singing with the little lead behind him it sounds so sick and i cant describe what it sounds like... i guess sonic perfection.

ok i could go all night but il stop for now.