Favorite ND song

Glad to hear you like that solo in Novella Reservoir, that's probably my favorite solo I've done so far. I still have to tab it out for people too, heh. Very very soon you guys might be seeing some YouTube videos of myself, and Vito, demonstrating how to play some of these tunes. We've procrastinated for a while now on this but we're finally getting it together.

Alot of people really love "Swallowed By The Moon" it seems. We haven't played it since the cd came out. Maybe we can rectify that sometime.......

I can't wait for that tab and/or video. I love that solo. Any awesome solos of note on the new album?

Yea i also love the dead leaf echo. Its the second most played song on my ipod, right behind ''departer" by Katatonia.

I think im gonna touch on pretty much every INRI song as my favorite song but "When desperation fills the void" stands out to me on that album. Just for being so deep and...well the title says it all. Just another great tracks on one of the best albums ever!

Iv been listening to every ND album over and over lately trying to find my favorite songs and I just never realized how deep the catalog was. There almost all best song material.

Impossible to name just one....so many great songs, I could name my top 20 easily....but, the one song that will always be near the top, is "Amour of the Harp"...it was the first tune I ever heard from ND and well, you know how it goes with first loves...

There are several ND tunes that are special to me:

If Forever - I love the "cowboy" feel to the song (it almost sounds like an oldtime western tune at times), plus the lyrics are quite emotive. Paul's voice really shines on this song and it is just very different from most of their other tunes.

In The Absence of Grace - Just pure power and brutality, man. I love the hell out of this song...and the intro is KILLER!!!

Collapse of the Fallen Throe - To me, this song epitomizes ND. It has all the elements that make them so great. If someone asks me for one song that I feel sums up ND, I play Collapse for them.

RAIN!!!!!
- Everything about this song is awesome., from the chugging intro to the "mellow" bridge part in the middle, to Paul's thundering vox. Just an awesome tune all around and one of my favorites.

Twilight Innocence
- OK, this song brings the sappiness out in me. I think about how much I love my daughter every time I hear this song. So fucking beautiful...

Dominate The Human Strain - "WHERE HAS YOUR SAVIOR GONE TO???" I love the lyrics in this song, and the sheer brutality in it. One of ND's heaviest tunes, IMO.

The Fifth Day of March - The emotion man, the emotion!!! Nobody brings that emotional pull like Paul.

Lazarus Regret - short, heavy and to the point. I just fucking love this tune.

Those are the highlights for me so far, and I can't wait for Aphotic to add to the list!!! :kickass:

obviously can't pick one and why pick one when you can name top 5 or 10 songs?

so;
- For Every Leaf That Falls
- All The Beauty Twice Again <3
- The Spirit Seed (and entire To welcome the fade! seriously)
- in Faith
- They Were Left To Die
- Dark World Burden

but yet if I were to choose one and the only one fav. ND song I would
say Broken, because I just adore these words "Failure I cannot fix, false hope for nothing
this is the life I lead and tomorrow will not change"

I live in east Canada and i have never met even one person who knows about ND but everyone i show ND to says its amazing. Our music stores dont carry any of there Albums. Its one of my fav bands of all time and i have no idea what other people view as the best ND songs. I love lost in a day the most just becuz its the one song i wish i would have written i relate to it word for word. But i do agree its hard to pick just one. So anyways if people just want to talk about why they like certain songs i would be stoked.

Dude! I live in Quebec (eastern Canada for those who don't know) and that isn't true that Novembers Doom is completely unknown here. That may have been true a few years back, but now things are getting pretty big. It is not true also that our stores don't carry their albums :

http://hmv.ca/Search.aspx?keyword=novembers+doom&filter=all+products
http://www.archambault.ca/qmi/navig...lue=false&searchFacet_cat=cat:ACH400000000000

And those are just the big ones... There are some underground metal stores that have most of their albums too (if not all).

Anyway.. to tell that on Novembers Doom official forum is certainly not going to help them come to our part of the country if they think no one will come to the gigs. I think the word has passed in the last few years and more and more people are getting to know the band.

So in the Podcasts, I heard about a East coast tour... is there any chance Montreal would be in it? Or are you talking about a strict US tour? Or is it just in the talking process?

Dude! I live in Quebec (eastern Canada for those who don't know) and that isn't true that Novembers Doom is completely unknown here. That may have been true a few years back, but now things are getting pretty big. It is not true also that our stores don't carry their albums :

Well I have no doubt that people in Quebec know ND i should have been more speecific to were i was talking about. I ment New Brunswick, Nova Scotia etc. If you dont believe me come check it out. But Montreal has an amazing Metal scene so i would not doubt that people would know and love ND in QC. And if ever ND plays MTL i would be there :wave:

Right now, in terms of the East Coast dates we're looking into, Canada isn't part of that, it's strictly U.S., for now.

However, let me say this (and I think I can speak for all of us in the band), we LOVE playing Canada. It's always been an awesome experience and we're quite anxious to get back up there. We're just waiting for a promoter from up North who'll bring us back up there. So any professional promoters who are interested (and serious) in getting us up there to tour, let us know please!

We've never played Montreal, and I've heard from many other bands and folks that it's a great experience playing there, so hopefully we'll get up there sometime in the near future....

Also, we've been asked in the past about possibly playing Nova Scotia, but it just never worked out. So again, you never know, if the right offer finally came along that enabled us to play there, we'll do it.

Lately iv been really into "Forever with unopened eyes" the soft version. I think the vocals really stand out in this version.

"My paradise pounds inside my chest. I remember the day, forever with unopened eyes.

I just love the feeling of the acoustic guitars in this song. It would have sounded cool with bongos instead of drums.

Props on the solo! its short and sweet and not over-played something wich i often struggle with.

Short and not overplayed is pretty much my m.o., haha. Any time I write solos for songs, I'll try out lots of different approaches, and whenever I try to do something more flashy and difficult, I feel like a douche because it just doesn't feel right and doesn't fit the music. So I'm glad to hear you appreciated what you heard, good to know!

I really love the way you write solos, they almost always fit the songs perfectly, and have a lot of emotion and feeling to them.

Also, you guys need to come out to the west coast some time! I've now gotten into photography, and concert photography and can't wait to shoot pictures of you guys live.

Short and not overplayed is pretty much my m.o., haha. Any time I write solos for songs, I'll try out lots of different approaches, and whenever I try to do something more flashy and difficult, I feel like a douche because it just doesn't feel right and doesn't fit the music. So I'm glad to hear you appreciated what you heard, good to know!

I'm just curious to know how do you approache a solo, do you do some improve sometimes? I'm recording an album right now and i do write little parts and melodys here and there in the solo but its mostly improve cuz i find i get more felling and flow that way. I think either methods deserve props cuz its hard to write a solo. I tend to shred a little to much but thats what i feel is more emotive to me. I think serving a song is a skill of its own and u do that well:headbang: