Favorite non-metal band?

Tea Party's changed a lot over the years. Their style used to be very middle-eastern sounding, and I find that's a missing element in their new stuff.

Their vocalist/guitarist Jeff Martin looks a LOT like Jim Morrison. A LOT. And he'll get pissed off if you mention it. Then more recently, he looked a LOT like Trent Reznor. I see some of these peoples' styles come through as well. I'll say avoid the album Transmission. All the songs seem to be 2 minutes long. Edges of Twilight is good, IMO, and the one before (drawing a blank on the title). The new stuff got overplayed at my old work, so I'm not too fond of it anymore :D

But they play live all over the place, and the shit they can pull off with only 3 guys onstage is very impressive.

Oh, and on a sidenote, once when they played in my hometown (mid 90s) they offered a friend of mine to do heroin in the bathroom of a local restaurant. Or so she says.. :loco:

"Sitting around singing songs 'til the night turns into day..." I've heard them included in the metal category. (metal falling from the sky) I don't actually get up and play Led Zeppelin, but when it pops up on random play, I'll never turn it off.

But, who I wanted to say was Stevie Ray Vaughan. I've always been helplessly jazzed out when I hear him. I feel transported into a dark bluesy nightclub, swaying and snappy my fingers. :p

LYNN

I only know one song from the Tea Party, and that is one of the most depressing songs ever made. It's called "Release" and it makes me wanna cry... if I am in a really bad mood anyway.

Black - Wonderful Life.
'Everything is Coming Up Roses' rulz and 'Sweetest Smile' is one of the most depressing tracks I've heard.

Mike Oldfield - Songs of Distant Earth(some songs)

And a few Radiohead & Tool listens, of course.