Name one bad thing about your three favorite artists.

I can't figure out who my three fav artists are!! hehe....

Let me just pick some....

Opeth - The songs are too long! Fell off your chair now?
So did I, hehe... but what I mean is that they are too
long for my bussride to work! I only have time for 1,5
songs and then I have to turn it off, and I hate that! I
want more!!!!

Thyrfing - Some of the synth is way too overdone.
Sometimes I love it, sometimes it's just too much....

I can't pick a third favourite.... There are too many!!!
Uhm... How about Iced Earth? yeah! Sometimes they
are a bit "harry"... Norwegian term for well....uhm....
The way they dress looks stupid sometimes, a bit too
80ies... And well, listening to Iced Earth when people
not into that type of music is in the room is almost
embarrassing.... Dunno why, it's just 'harry' >:eek:P

Originally posted by Moonlapse
Meshuggah - The music is basically 99.9% rhythm and 00.1% melody. The bass guitarist and drummer hardly stand out. They lost the cool acoustic passages they had in the early days.

If the band is 99.9% rhythm, how can the bassist and drummer not stand out?

Lee Hazlewood - some of his songs are country shit that sucks!!! He made two records with Nancy Sinatra who doesn't sing that well, instead of making two records with his then girlfriend Suzi Jane Hokom, who has a fantastic voice (at least she had on the record she made with Virgil Warner).
John Barry - Hmmmm....Around '66-'73 he made some songs that were a bit similar even though they're good. He gave them a lot of synth and guitar orchestration too.
Type O Negative - "Slow, deep and hard" is not as good as the stuff from "Bloody Kisses" and the two records they made after that. On "The least worst of" it says that "My girlfriend's girlfriend" is a cheese organ mix, but the only difference is that the the bassdrum is removed from the start (aprox. 5 seconds or something). "World coming down" has a harder vocal instead of just plain singing. "October rust" has a more high pitched vocal compared to "Bloody kisses".
Hmmm...I guess I could find more than one thing about my favorite artists. Maybe they are less perfect than the other artists mentioned here.

Ok here goes...

Dream Theater - They don't spend near as much time as they could writing their material. If they didn't rush it and actually took the time they could in my opinion release a masterpiece that would top everything they have ever done before.

Pain of Salvation - I seriously have no qualms with this band. When I think of perfection in music I think of Pain of Salvation and more importantly Daniel Gildenlow.

Opeth - They could use some more intricate fingerstyle passages... but that's only because I love them so much!

Brandon

lol @ Jim LotFP

Novembre - Their earlier albums aren't as incredible as Novembrine Waltz, and also the fact that they wont come out with another album for at least a year. :( Novembrine Waltz reigns supreme.

Living Sacrifice - Wait, I can't find anything wrong with them. Next!

Extol - extremely tight and technical recording wears on the ears after a plethora of repeated listens, which sucks since their music is incredible.

Silentium - different songs' chord progressions sound very similar sometimes.

Fates Warning- Love the theme of relationships in emotions in Jim Matheos' lyrics, but it can tend to get a little redundant when you start spanning over 5 albums. also that they rarely play anything from before Perfect Symmetry live anymore.

Tori Amos- she decided to add a band to her later work. blech

skyclad- the abscence of Martin Walkyier.

~j

Demilich- Only released one album

Demigod- Shadow Mechanics sucks

Amorphis- Never managed to even approach The Karelian Isthmus again

Cynic- see Demilich

Atheist- Lost touch with reality on Elements

Windham Hell- Too much dead air on their discs

Acheron- "Satanic Erotica" WORST LYRICS EVER

Beherit- JL-America reissue of Drawing Down the Moon has PINK FONT

Bruce Dickinson- I really, really hope that one day I'll forget about his cover of "All the Young Dudes"

Graveland- Rob Darken really should never open his mouth

Necromantia- Was it REALLY necessary to use "Auld Lang Syne" as an intro?

Originally posted by Belial

I tried to think of something bad about Swano, couldn't, and skipped him for In Flames. Wish I thought of this answer. :lol:

How about the Night in Gales abortion?

Opeth: I was initially disappointed with BWP / I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND THE NEW SONGS (yeah that pisses me off :mad:) / I have too hard a time getting other people to like them / the heavy stuff doesn't have quite the anguished edge it used to

TooL: I'm fearing a leap to more commercial attitudes. I'd like some more guitar work - more solos played with the Epilady, I think.

Pink Floyd: Roger Waters is gone..

Massive Attack: I always fall asleep before I can hear the end of the cd

Strung Out: songs too short!

Metallica: They kept making albums.

nine inch nails: I would have liked another concept album

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
Night In Gales is not Swano (and they suck, from what I've heard).
Swano's band is Nightingale, and it is awsome :p

That's it. And yes, it's a fucking abortion. So were the later EoS albums.

My Dying Bride- last couple of albums, while still really really cool have some songs/moments that feel a bit.... umm, what's the word I'm looking for.... contrived? I dunno, feels a bit by-the-numbers or something, too streamlined..... :err:

HA!!:lol: :p I knew I'd catch you at some stage. So you admit the last two albums are '...contrived'!

Katatonia- Um... Ok, on the latest album the artwork isn't as good as 'Tonight's Decision'. That's about it for Katatonia.

Anathema- Darren White's vocals on the early stuff. I'm not really into it all that much, although it's been about 8 or so years since he left, so it's not really a problem. And the new album is their best so far.

My Dying Bride- The loss of Martin, Calvin, and Rick all signalled the lowering of what was once the yardstick of gothic/doom metal.

Originally posted by requiem
HA!!:lol: :p I knew I'd catch you at some stage. So you admit the last two albums are '...contrived'!

Katatonia- Um... Ok, on the latest album the artwork isn't as good as 'Tonight's Decision'. That's about it for Katatonia.
:mad: No, dickwad, read my post again, I said "Some songs/moments", not "Albums". The albums are cool :mad: Anyway, how many songs have you written?
I probably wouldn't like them either....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*ahem* ;) :D
Interesting to see you also can't find anything wrong with Katatonia. I thought about stuff that people usually say to criticise them (repetitive, lack of complexity etc..) but those are all things that I love about them........

Oh well, they must be the best band ever :D

:mad: No, dickwad, read my post again, I said "Some songs/moments", not "Albums". The albums are cool :mad: Anyway, how many songs have you written?

Inter-forum humour... very amusing!

Anyway, how many songs have you written?

hahahahahaha! Is that a Danny Cavanagh quote? ;)

anyway, my 3:

1. Opeth: Loud death metal vocals pisses my family off, and they make me turn it down. Bastards! Also, they put out albums too slowly. One album per month would make me happy.

2. Anathema: Drop in quality after Duncan left. Their last 2 albums, while they had some good songs ("barriers"), are not very good as a whole.

3. Eric Johnson: his "shred" songs like "camel's night out" and "zap" just suck. Those solos have no feeling in them and drive me up the wall.

3.5. Death: After 2 albums, all of Chuck's solos sound the same. RIP

3.75 In Flames: As someone above said, "Clayman". I'm glad my friend had the misfortune to buy it, instead of me!