Favorite non-metal band?

tedvanfrehley said:
Ahh yes. Good stuff. I too think Steve Earle was great before he became "political". Give me Guitar Town and Copperhead Road, anyday...but he can keep his "John Walker Taliban Blues" bs.

Drugs must have wore a groove into his brain, the creative part of it...
What a fuck head he has become. That song Copperhead Road smokes!
I'd put that up next to anything by AC/DC or Aerosmith anyday....

sixxswine said:
I fucking can't stand The Flower Kings, bro. They as just so blah...

No sweat, I don't stand 2/3 of the bands you usually post about :tickled: :wave:

Ok so the complete non-metal Wyvern:

The Rolling Stones
The Flower Kings
The Coffinshakers
Joan Baez
Bozzio/Levin/Stevens
Jimi Hendrix

some refer to Hendrix as the "Godfather of Heavy Metal" because he was one of the first to use distortion effects ... just a comment

ZoMb!M@N said:
Ok so the complete non-metal Wyvern:

The Rolling Stones
The Flower Kings
The Coffinshakers
Joan Baez
Bozzio/Levin/Stevens
Jimi Hendrix

some refer to Hendrix as the "Godfather of Heavy Metal" because he was one of the first to use distortion effects ... just a comment

Great great great godfather maybe. Hendrix won't be more metal than some other rock bands mentioned before.

On the other hand in the early 70's the division between hard rock and heavy metal was a blur.

Lately:

- Casting Crowns
- Yanni's "Live at the Acropolis" (don't laugh, this album SMOKES!)
- The other day I was listening to Alan Jackson's greatest hits. The guitarist in that band is amazing!
- Tait - Lose this Life

sixxswine said:
Don't you mean 3/4's of the band I post about?!:tickled:

That's about it :p ;)

That guy Sardinas crack me up, you know what means in Spanish?

Besides heavy metal I listen to a lot of punk bands like Madball and Napalm Death. Also, some pop like The Beatles.

JonnyD said:
I'v never been a big priest fan either I like a few albums and a handful of songs from others but they never really did to much for me ... I Bleed Overkill! :headbang:

We know you do :D

Wyvern said:
I don't like Manowar, King Diamond or Accept that makes a non-metalhead? I don't think so, so anyone is entitled to be a metalhead and dislike Judas Priest IMO.

I totally agree! Even if it is said in a "joking" type way ... it always grates on my nerves to hear people say if you don't like "insert band name" you are not a real metalhead... we all have our diff tastes and favs... that is why we are all individuals :)

Pabla said:
I totally agree! Even if it is said in a "joking" type way ... it always grates on my nerves to hear people say if you don't like "insert band name" you are not a real metalhead... we all have our diff tastes and favs... that is why we are all individuals :)

If you like Iron Maiden and your screen name start with a "P", then you are a doo-doo head!

The only non metal or non hard rock related band I can think of right now is Kansas. I have been a fan since 1976 and I been following them since this day. They had a bit of a bad streak in the beginnings of 1980 but lately they returned to their classic sound.

I guess that show that in essence I am a proghead! :) Although I must have some loud guitars in my prog. That might also explain why I am not into Yes.